Throttle Axis is not is not Responding

shadepiece

Yesterday, I was re-calibrating my control peripherals, and when I reset my TM Warthog throttle the axis got jacked up. In game settings when I go to test it all of the buttons work, but the axis on the throttle are acting as switches. When they are anywhere in the throw they read on the computer as full power, and when they are pushed full forward they read as at idle.

So in summary, the control throw is reading inversely, and it's acting as a switch where it's either all forward or all idle and it's not reading any range.

I have tried,

-recalibrating the throttle in the game settings

-moving USB port

-using the Warthog throttle calibration tool

-updating the firmware to 1.07

-Downloaded TARGET but didn't seem to find anything to help in that

-pulling my hair out.

SO is this thing bricked because I reset the settings on my PC???????

What do I do

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

In windows "Devices and Printers", try:

• Removing the device
  • Unplug and restart
  • Then plug in and restart after it windows installs it

DO NOT USE WINDOWS TO CALIBRATE!

I never see good things coming out of that action. You can use windows to see if buttons and axis are working, but do not calibrate.

I hope it gets sorted.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

In windows "Devices and Printers", try:

• Removing the device
  • Unplug and restart
  • Then plug in and restart after it windows installs it

DO NOT USE WINDOWS TO CALIBRATE!

I never see good things coming out of that action. You can use windows to see if buttons and axis are working, but do not calibrate.

I hope it gets sorted.

Interesting observation.

Why do you say that ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Had a response from TM tech support for an issue. Can't find it now, but they said not to use windows calibration. By using it I screwed up the Register.

At that point they lost me.

So, on advice from tech support. Never use windows calibration. They have a calibration tool. you'll have to search for it.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Had a response from TM tech support for an issue. Can't find it now, but they said not to use windows calibration. By using it I screwed up the Register.

At that point they lost me.

So, on advice from tech support. Never use windows calibration. They have a calibration tool. you'll have to search for it.

Hello SGT Coyle,

I see.

By coincidence my Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner got "retired" last week.

Served me from Win 98 > Win XP > Win7 ... over 17 years of continuous service.

Still does work but, the center point on the "X" axis (roll) keeps drifting / jumping away by itself more frequently.

After much reading and tweaking, came to the conclusion that its "X" axis potentiometer is probably malfunctioning.

Always used the Windows calibration tool, which seemed to do te job, until after the next minutes the potentiometer decided to fail again.

A couple weeks ago I installed a Thrustmater calibration tool for it, but it didn't work.

(If I remebmber reading somewhere, when this joystick model came out it wasn't planned to work with Windows 7.)

Acquired the T.16000M FCS and TWCS Throttle a few days ago.

Only used windows control panel properties to see it functioning, but didn't calibrate nothing so far, as it already was calibrated out of the box.

Still you recommend to not use it?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I haven't had any issues that weren't self induced (bad coding on my part).

I've had no issue that I could say was axis out of calibration. Not hitting the numbers, or jumping, or dropping signal, or jittering. Issues I have had were USB related. I solved those with USB3 PCIE cards.

I'm thinking that the issue of the OP is either bad setup in the game controls axis section, or or he does have an issue with the throttle pots. Try blowing out the throttle with compressed air. Unplug it first! See how much crap comes out. Maybe you'll find some change.

My WH is 3+ years old and works like a champ.

So I would not recommend calibrating the WH with Windows.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

It's not just in-game the throttle sensor just doesn't work anymore. Doesn't seem reasonable that windows calibration would just wreck a controller.

You mentioned the register might have gotten messed up, is there a way to specifically reset the register?

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

It's not just in-game the throttle sensor just doesn't work anymore. Doesn't seem reasonable that windows calibration would just wreck a controller.

You mentioned the register might have gotten messed up, is there a way to specifically reset the register?

I agree. My point wasn't that it did. Only that as a rule "Don't use windows calibration for TMWH".

If you haven't contacted TM tech support, you should. I am definitely not the person to talk to about the Registry. From what I remember, windows overrode the WH entry's and kept overriding every time I plugged it in. My usb issues were a constant connect/disconnect, so windows was constantly overriding Registry.

TM tech support helped me with the Registry, but the usb was still the overriding issue. This was several years ago I had Registry issue, so I 'm just going off memory, and I can't find a email trail about it. It might have been a chat session.

Good luck,

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• 2 weeks later...