Tad seems off course?

fael097

hey, my waypoint lines on the tad always seems tilted to the left, even when I'm right on top of them, looking straight into the waypoint. what's the deal?

I attached a screenshot, even though I'm heading towards the waypoint, seems like I'll cross the line if I keep moving forward, except I never do. is it misaligned or something?

Screen_181021_031132.thumb.png.f9d379e187843b81c59eacd1dd180b57.png

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Are you testing in the same mission? I am thinking wind could be your issue. The hud steering cue gives you guidance to fly directly over the point itself but does not care about converging on the to-from line. The tad shows the to-from line but its up to you to fly to it via the tad or the hsi. In your picture if the wind is blowing from the south then I think everything makes sense. If you want to fly on the line you need to steer beyond the steerpoint until your hsi indicates you are near the line, and then turn to the sp.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

For the deviation angle it seems it has something to do with the magnetic variation.

In the Harrier you can choose between true heading or mag heading. In the Caucasus true heading line is 7º to the left of your magnetic heading (the one given by the compass) iirc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it's not always the same mission, any mission I load this happens, but I only have the caucasus map, so it could be the magnetic variation. if it was the wind, it should tilt to the other side when you turn 180º, but it's always the same tilt to the left

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

TAD doesn't draw flight plan lines that are in the +Z direction as vertical. Instead it draws these lines angled. If you do produce a vertical line on the TAD it turns out its angle with respect to a line in the +Z direction is equal in magnitude to the difference between the +Z direction and the local meridian.

I guess this is also obvious by seeting MVAR to 0,F8F7 hooking a mark beneath you, dragging the cursor to the top center of the display and turning until the HOOK-CURS readout shows 0. Then pause and check your F2 heading.

The lines of +Z on the TAD lean to the right when west of E033°, left when east of E033°, and have run vertically when on the E033° meridian. (Technically 32.96° as defined Caucasus.MapCoords.lua).

It's not something strictly right or wrong because XYZ coordinates aren't a consideration in the real airplane. How the real airplane orients the TAD (true north, grid, magnetic, whatever makes the map picture layer work, etc.) I don't know.