AI ignores "Restrict Jettison"???

moespeeds

I've got a group of SU24s attacking a CG battlegroup. As soon as they are fired upon, they dump their anti ship missiles. I set "restrict jettison" and they still dump ordinance. If I set "No reaction to threat" they lamely fly into the attacking missile.

Is there a solution here?

Moe "Moespeeds" Colontonio

vVMA 231

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Looking for a serious US based Harrier Squadron? We are recruiting!

According to my limited experience of DCS World, If you engage AIs, they will jettison their weapons and fuel tanks in order to evade the threat. They do it always, regarless of settings. However, it will be helpful if experience members put some light on the subject.

I've never had issues, ensure you do the following:

1. Put the 'restrict jettison' special option on waypoint 0 (or whichever you want them to do it from)

2. once you've selected 'restrict jettison' option there's a tickbox just below the drop down menu where you selected the option. Make sure that box is ticked. You can verify this by looking in the special actions area underneath the speed/altitude waypoint settings. It should say 'restrict jettison (on)' when done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. Put the 'restrict jettison' special option on waypoint 0 (or whichever you want them to do it from)

2. once you've selected 'restrict jettison' option there's a tickbox just below the drop down menu where you selected the option. Make sure that box is ticked. You can verify this by looking in the special actions area underneath the speed/altitude waypoint settings. It should say 'restrict jettison (on)' when done.

I concur, the same from me, i've never had a problem with this technique, the AI will never drop weapons under fire.

Haven't tested recently though.

Regards, Ian

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 5 months later...

OMG thank youuuU!

This was driving me crazy since it wasn't working without the tick box checked. I didn't know the tick box is the thing that turns it on. It's working great now! So awesome!:D

• 4 years later...

Is Restrict Jettison = on , mean its restricted? I mean if I want AI NOT to jettison at any situation, should it be = on or =off ? 🙂 (yes might be a stupid question, but just to be sure, as I havent got it working with Restricted Jettison= on.)  At least I havent got it working with AI, ever... (?) The Evasion control for AI, (passive defence, manouvers, abort mission possible etc.) works fine. Are those commands somehow crossing each other? Btw, does that mean something when I add that "restrict jettison = on " line to adv. waypoint settings stays gray, while other commands are bright white. Is it somehow not active command then? Or am I doing something wrong? Many user here seems to have problems  with this setting. Does it work time I´m writing this (OB 2.8.xxx) 

• 1 month later...