Manual erratum

draconus

DCS Mig-29 Manual still says that on the Mechanical Devices display the lights on top of the wings indicate FOD state while they indicate LEF state at the moment.

Old fuel indicator is still there.

Info on the separate FOD state gauge and wheel brakes pressure should probably be added.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

DCS Mig-29 Manual still says that on the Mechanical Devices display the lights on top of the wings indicate FOD state while they indicate LEF state at the moment.

Yes they indicate LEF state.

Old fuel indicator is still there.

Yes but they just changed to the new one - give them a little time to change it :)

Info on the separate FOD state gauge and wheel brakes pressure should probably be added.

There is no FOD state gauge - there is the gauge(entitled: "КЛИН") indicating ramp state, which(unlike on the Su-27) has an indication for take-off/landing mode(FOD system active) at the top("ВП").

JJ

There is no FOD state gauge - there is the gauge(entitled: "КЛИН") indicating ramp state, which(unlike on the Su-27) has an indication for take-off/landing mode(FOD system active) at the top("ВП").

Yes, I meant that ramp state indicator exactly. I don't know if this is called FOD in this case but technically it is just that and upper inlets are open when these ramps are closed, and vice-versa. Don't understand what to/land mode has to do with that.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Yes, I meant that ramp state indicator exactly. I don't know if this is called FOD in this case but technically it is just that and upper inlets are open when these ramps are closed, and vice-versa.

No FOD protection and Ramps are two different things.

The "ramps" form a variable wedge inside the inlet ducts in order to regulate airflow to the engines. The gauge in question indicates the different stages of wedge extension - basically retracted at slow speed to fully extended(at > M1.5 IIRC).

Don't understand what to/land mode has to do with that.

At take-off/landing the gear is extended and thus the FOD protection system active - there is an indication of this on the Ramp gauge, because the ramp position reacts to the changed airflow with the FOD doors closed/aux. intakes open.

JJ

In game? No. You can only control nosewheel turn rate with current flaps configuration.

Too bad. It should have been on the Wish List.

Why MiG-29's nose wheel turn rate is slower / smaller when its flap is down ? :smilewink:

Edited by Archer_111

Too bad. It should have been the Wish List.

The MiG-29 has two modes for nosewheel steering - a low(+/- 8 degrees) and a high(+/- 31 degrees) deflection. The low mode is on by default, while in the real jet, you can select the high mode by pressing the "Lock-on" button on the throttle, if the flaps are raised.

As draconus said, in the sim the high mode is selected automatically when the flaps are raised.

Why MiG-29's nose wheel turn rate is slower / smaller when its flap is down ? :smilewink:

Well you can imagine what will happen if the nosewheel deflects much during high speed take-off/landing runs - so I think the steering angle is tied to flap position because flaps are used on both occasions :)

The nosewheel brake is also automatically disabled when the high gain steering mode is activated.

JJ

But I still wish to be able to manually disable nose wheel steering at high taxiing speeds during take off and landing, especially when there is side wind blowing to my plane. All PFM planes should use their rudder authorities instead of nose wheel steering in those situations, right ?

Edited by Archer_111

@Lixma - I guess the "to counter the American F-15 Eagle" should be underlined as well then, as the MiG-29 was to counter the F16.

(seems like the above is a copy/paste from the Su-27 blurb, where the statement about the F-15 holds true)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com