Carrier Editor Setup

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I want to setup a training mission for Case1 operations. Are we able to setup the parking position on the Carrier? I place the Hornet on the Carrier, select "takeoff from ramp" to get it cold and dark, now the aircraft icon in the editor is placed in the middle of the carrier icon.

But no matter if I change the parking lot from 1 to 4 it is always placed in the middle of carrier. See screen for parking position.

Thank you very much!

2018--26--10-000275.thumb.png.d911fa4928f97552b9c60b0f385732d9.png

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Did you host the mission?

AFAIK, if you ost the mission, the host will spawn in the center, every next client (also if you change the slot) will spawn in front of the Isle or behind CAT 3/4.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

The editor doesn't show where the Player planes will actually spawn, that is decided at spawn time, it just generically plonks the icon in the middle of the carrier. . You can specifically place static objects (e.g. planes.. remember to LINK them to the carrier unit when you place them so the carrier doesn't leave them behind !). If you place the static objects BLOCKING the normal player spawn position in front of the Island (which are a pain.. very hard to manoeuvre to the cat from there) the player planes will spawn at the next UNBLOCKED spawn location (e.g. behind cat 3/4). So you can gain some control of where you will spawn.

In future I think carrier placement will be like on an airbase. WIP

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I can tell, you can only select which catapult to spawn from in the form of a runway start - that seems to correctly place your aircraft on catapults 1 to 4.

Parking is a bit of a mess at the moment, so is AI movement on deck colliding with other objects.

The parking # in the mission editor only seems to do something with catapults. It gets even messier when you have groups with multiple units spawning. Sometimes I get explosions on the deck when the units spawn on top of one another. As stated above, this is work in progress and early access.