Help! Lost 6DOF in VR - Samsung Odyssey

Kirin

Greetings aces

I was fooling around in DCS VR trying to get a proper replay record. I was pressing some F-Key combination because of the NVIDIA overlay.

Now somewhere in the process I must have disabled 6DOF - or rather the X, Y and Z axis movements. I only have rotational movement left.

Can anybody help me bring the 6DOF back?

Help appreciated!

Kirin out

I can try but I don't think it's a WMR issue. Just did a quick sortie in IL2 BOS - head tracking worked fine. I am pretty positive it was a key press I did - just which escapes me - there are so many view key options - and none are documented.

You can try a DCS repair.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

OMG dburne - you're my hero. That did the trick!

:thumbup:

Glad it got you sorted!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 3 months later...

I don't know if it is related but kept losing cursor control in VR. So after a little research I put a sticker (bit of a post-it) on the proximity sensor which at least solved that problem.

As for 6DOF. I marked the door on the far end of my cockpit with black tape und put a lamp behind the cockpit to really brighten up the room. No losses ever since.

This is one of a few things I really don't like the Odyssey +vs my old Vive.

The Vive, I would literally play in the dark

The odyssey needs a well lit room.

Im keeping hte odyssey + due to visual calrity over the vive but still a pain as the lighting is poor in my room

Yeah that would be a no go for me.

Don B

Hi guys, having the same issue with my Odyssey Plus. DCS repair did not help. It was working fine, just it stopped out of nowhere. Any hints?

Happening with me on an Asus Mixed Reality. I've repaired as well. I don't play often but it seems to have started about the same time you reported.

Edit: Setting the Windows Mixed Reality for Steam and SteamVR apps to "beta" fixed the problem. Strictly speaking this is a bug in DCS World since it works just fine with the stable versions of both apps in other games, but seeing how the beta releases of the apps fixes the problem (and whatever did it will probably be merged into the stable app in the future) then I'd argue with workaround is a plenty good enough fix to be considered solved.

Edited by panton41
Cleanup of comment.

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same issue, sometimes i load the game and 6DOF works fine, sometimes it doesnt and i can only look up/down and to the sides

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Maybe unrelated to the cause of the issue in this thread, but I have to turn on bright lights in my room or 6dof doesn't work or isn't stable. I think the more light the cameras have the better with respect to 6dof functioning. Just mentioning in case that could be a co-cause of the problem.

I have the Samsung odyssey plus. When I set it up, I could move in all spaces,

I have no idea what I did, I only vr zoom and a few other mapping in the UI layer section, now I can only do left, right, up and down. Moving forward make the cockpit move away and same with moving back.

I have reverted the VR zoom and still no joy.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Maybe it could help to run the full roomscale setup again, not only the seated setup.

The inside-out tracking cameras need to see objects in the room. I think the cameras detect differences in contrast to orientate, why the tracking has problems in complete dark rooms or when looking at plain wall without furniture or something.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Maybe it could help to run the full roomscale setup again, not only the seated setup.

The inside-out tracking cameras need to see objects in the room. I think the cameras detect differences in contrast to orientate, why the tracking has problems in complete dark rooms or when looking at plain wall without furniture or something.

Wilco. Thanks a lot

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset