I see so many questions that is not right for this time.

macedk

We are in BETA STATE, all is subject to change!

Real world capabilities might not apply due to classified information.

^on this topic, So google right and read before posting, Example: 1 to 1 radar, flight handeling, missile performance, parts of flight model just to name a few WILL NOT BE ACCURATE.

This dosen't mean that, if it is way off, that you should not voice it :) (ex: I turn right the plane goes left and your controls are set right). That is a bug ;)

To me page 1 of this forum has 90% of either classified questions or due to beta state questions. (being very fair and left out the non read before talk subjects ;) )

Why this post ? Well ED reads and adjust, if they have 90% bad posts, the chance of the important post slipping through is high. Go read your local tabloid news paper and tell me how many articles you clicked before you found a real one :).

So let's step up the game people.

Questions regarding lack of knowledge are in my book fine, but hard core statements at this point (beta), is in my book just a complete waste of your and the forums time.

Keyword, this is guess work at a high level, real world f-18 sim is for fighter pilots only. So if you are that pissed, go become a pilot and fly the real thing :)

IMO we might get 60% close to the real thing, which to me, is damn close :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I post this in another thread but it apply here too.

What about firing an Harpoon missile in a high speed low level flight with rain against some Russian destroyer? I don’t think this is going to happens either.

I think that the f18 sell curve is almost at the top and near in the flat part, I think that they don’t have any more data for this project other than natops f18 manual or speculations and there is not any legal data about weapons or A-A or A-G radar in the web. So the system implemented in this plane will have the same code as the F-15, A-10 and will be a mix of this two airplane systems.

I think the f18 development is almost finished or near to that point and with this new aircraft in the horizont (no matter who is the owner of the f14) and the lack of data or the need to not go public with some sensitive info will make this project go to the freezer.

In the security world exist compartimentalization of the information and they work based in “the need to know” so the only way the developers can really know about the f18 weapon system is if they had worked in that systems or will involved in direct way with that equipment.

They will have a new boost in sales if they can develop the AG radar to use with other weapons and not just adding the laser and Tv code used in the A10, I’m waiting for new weapons not just a maverick.

I work in a hospital, in the operating room area but you don’t know if I’m the chief of that area, a gastroenterologist, a general surgeon (maybe I have the three jobs ;)) or I’m just am administrative employee and now im exagérating about it, the amount of data that I use to have in my hands or have now and the filter job that im doing to prevent a real leak of “sensitive data”.

Come on is just a game, nobody will gather military intelligence data from a game, just imagine after a keynote presentation for Kim Jong-un:

Kim- Well done Mr. Ryan, where did you get that so precise information about the F-18?

Jack- From a game my general.

I want to be wrong in this topic. I love this simulator, I spent a lot of money to use VR but this is what I think.

I’m sorry, I know that I’m not making any friends right now but this is something that I have inside and need to be said.

Sent from my Tornado IDS while on autopilot using Tapatalk Pro.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

It's a module in development, and in early access, people are helping ED by making bug reports. Bug reports do not mean 'DROP EVERYTHING AND FIX THIS RIGHT NOW' - it's simply a report for ED to investigate and prioritise as they see fit. I work for a software development company and I appreciate customers who report issues they find, we can then track them and prioritise accordingly - it does not mean that those bug reports dictate the content of our sprints, and it would be really unhelpful for other customers to discourage bug reports just because they themselves don't see the value in them.

@arturojgt

Yes The opposite side will gather all military news. They might not get a blueprint but they will get an overview of the military side of things.

also good response :) thanks :)

@backspace340

Bug reports are great and general observation is so needed, because small things fall through the cracks (controller snafu, radar issues etc. )

But a discussion where people put the beta plane in a non operational state, is just silly (to use a mild word ;) )

Made up Example: Will I force the gear up on ground , so aircraft is on the belly, I now apply full afterburner and the plane is behaving very strange. "Why dosen't my plane fly without fuel ?" "Why can't i take off with a full load on left side only ?" and so on.

Testing weird things are good fun and I almost always test the stall model, Why ? because stall recovery is fun to me. I would love to get the f-18 into the leaf stall, as of now unsuccessful.

Many posts could be replied with Work In Progress and closed :) People would go abe but it is a fact, so deal with it :)

ED might be a bit slow or different in their way of communicating with the players.

ED information is in my opinion up to scratch.

To me early access, is a double edged sword, We get a peak and have a ton of either non function or crashes.

The discipline is to get that fact and make up your own mind on it.

To me, I'll save ex: 20 usd, but might be frustrated over the state of the early access state.

Would you save 20 usd to watch a movie that is 20% finished and has no effects, only greenscreen background ? I would not.

I am not a big fan of the hole early access thing. I know it is, unfortunately, the "common way". Star citizen, to me, it a great example of how crazy early access can get.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMO, this thread is aimed at the wrong people. There is very little unconstructive whining on this forum, and when it happens the guilty party is usually shot down fairly swiftly.

Fanboys on the other hand are far more insidious. They shut down valuable debates on the pretext of 'defending' the devs and are often beyond reasoning with.

I post this in another thread but it apply here too.

What about firing an Harpoon missile in a high speed low level flight with rain against some Russian destroyer? I don’t think this is going to happens either.

I think that the f18 sell curve is almost at the top and near in the flat part, I think that they don’t have any more data for this project other than natops f18 manual or speculations and there is not any legal data about weapons or A-A or A-G radar in the web. So the system implemented in this plane will have the same code as the F-15, A-10 and will be a mix of this two airplane systems.

I think the f18 development is almost finished or near to that point and with this new aircraft in the horizont (no matter who is the owner of the f14) and the lack of data or the need to not go public with some sensitive info will make this project go to the freezer.

In the security world exist compartimentalization of the information and they work based in “the need to know” so the only way the developers can really know about the f18 weapon system is if they had worked in that systems or will involved in direct way with that equipment.

They will have a new boost in sales if they can develop the AG radar to use with other weapons and not just adding the laser and Tv code used in the A10, I’m waiting for new weapons not just a maverick.

I work in a hospital, in the operating room area but you don’t know if I’m the chief of that area, a gastroenterologist, a general surgeon (maybe I have the three jobs ;)) or I’m just am administrative employee and now im exagérating about it, the amount of data that I use to have in my hands or have now and the filter job that im doing to prevent a real leak of “sensitive data”.

Come on is just a game, nobody will gather military intelligence data from a game, just imagine after a keynote presentation for Kim Jong-un:

Kim- Well done Mr. Ryan, where did you get that so precise information about the F-18?

Jack- From a game my general.

I want to be wrong in this topic. I love this simulator, I spent a lot of money to use VR but this is what I think.

I’m sorry, I know that I’m not making any friends right now but this is something that I have inside and need to be said.

Sent from my Tornado IDS while on autopilot using Tapatalk Pro.

I am pretty sure they have a lot more information, than the average public. I am also sure some of sensitive stuff is still classified and they can only give us the declassified stuff in the game side of their business.

The little tweaks and nerfs are usually very limited.

Most is usually covered, by simply modeling a pretty old and outdated version of the aircraft.

For example the A-10C has HMCS and what not since years. Has the better Sniper XR pod, etc.

"Our" A-10C is an older block number with older tech. Still no accurate IFF, ECM, or Crypto, but a gamified "estimation" that makes it work believable.

So, while we can never have a 100% accurate simulation, ED and 3rd parties seem to get as close as possible as they can.

For the majority the difference won't be noticable, anyway, for lack of comparison... ;)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Keyword, this is guess work at a high level, real world f-18 sim is for fighter pilots only. So if you are that pissed, go become a pilot and fly the real thing :)

I kinda hate when people say that because not everyone can, sadly...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps time to think outside the box.

This is true not only for the Hornet, it seems people loose sight of the real problem and would rather have their precious shiny model pixel perfect and FM 110% perfect, where as the DCS engine is broken there is so much that doesn't work it's almost laughable, it's 9 months on with 2.5.x and we still don't have the same performance as 2.2.

Surely this needs to be fixed before anything else? Just saying.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

@backspace340

Bug reports are great and general observation is so needed, because small things fall through the cracks (controller snafu, radar issues etc. )

But a discussion where people put the beta plane in a non operational state, is just silly (to use a mild word ;) )

Frankly the answer to that is to stop discussing bug reports, not to stop making them. It's really easy for ED to dismiss a bug report if it's something they don't want to deal with - it doesn't need 16 pages of bickering from forum members, most of it trying to stifle the report. I don't think having bug reports only conform to your standard of what you think is useful is helpful either - often it's bugs found in unusual scenarios that lead you to something more fundamental that's broken.

This thread adds no value.

Nor does your post, QED

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

agreed.

I love how people just want to ignore the fact that it's been 5 months since EA started

Which way do you mean?

"Not enough progress considering its been 5 months"

or

"Its only been 5 months, so have some patience, these things take time."

?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It's a module in development, and in early access, people are helping ED by making bug reports. Bug reports do not mean 'DROP EVERYTHING AND FIX THIS RIGHT NOW' - it's simply a report for ED to investigate and prioritise as they see fit. I work for a software development company and I appreciate customers who report issues they find, we can then track them and prioritise accordingly - it does not mean that those bug reports dictate the content of our sprints, and it would be really unhelpful for other customers to discourage bug reports just because they themselves don't see the value in them.

+1

In my opinion this post was a waste of everyone’s time. Public forum man, do we have to ok our questions and concerns through you?

This post reminds me of Lewis' law.

The point of this thread is, as I see it, is: asking if people can please be permitted to raise an issue without others polluting their threads accusing them of raising a non-issue.

... and lo and behold, people are here, polluting this thread, saying it's a non-issue.

***To me page 1 of this forum has 90% of either classified questions or due to beta state questions. (being very fair and left out the non read before talk subjects )

Why this post ? Well ED reads and adjust, if they have 90% bad posts, the chance of the important post slipping through is high. Go read your local tabloid news paper and tell me how many articles you clicked before you found a real one . ***

Classified or Beta issues? How are we to know which is which, if people don’t know and expect something then they are going to ask? How do they know if it’s a bug or no plans to implement features. That said some things should be in the wish list file obviously however I don’t personally know if some things are bugs or if they working as their supposed to. I do read everything I can and skip the things I dont need but if I can’t find an answer I’m going to ask.

I guess my question to OP is “who decides what an important post is”?

Should that not be a moderators job?

***To me page 1 of this forum has 90% of either classified questions or due to beta state questions. (being very fair and left out the non read before talk subjects )

Why this post ? Well ED reads and adjust, if they have 90% bad posts, the chance of the important post slipping through is high. Go read your local tabloid news paper and tell me how many articles you clicked before you found a real one . ***

Classified or Beta issues? How are we to know which is which, if people don’t know and expect something then they are going to ask? How do they know if it’s a bug or no plans to implement features. That said some things should be in the wish list file obviously however I don’t personally know if some things are bugs or if they working as their supposed to. I do read everything I can and skip the things I dont need but if I can’t find an answer I’m going to ask.

I guess my question to OP is “who decides what an important post is”?

Should that not be a moderators job?

I guess that depends on whether you're a governmental regulations type of guy or a libertarian...:)

This post reminds me of Lewis' law.

The point of this thread is, as I see it, is: asking if people can please be permitted to raise an issue without others polluting their threads accusing them of raising a non-issue.

... and lo and behold, people are here, polluting this thread, saying it's a non-issue.

Yes, you are. same old whine.

Instead of blaming others. Look in the mirror.

Buzz

We are in BETA STATE, all is subject to change!

We give our contribution to the game. You are giving (with this thread) no contribute, instead you're judging other people. This is not Facebook, we don't need priests and psychologists.

Let's discuss about the game, not about the persons.

All he said was to post legitimate problems. Bugs. Instead of user errors for various reasons.

Right. Except it's not always obvious to someone if they've made a mistake or found a bug. With early access becoming more widespread these questions are going to become more common.

Unfortunately I see it getting harder to get answers, as the self appointed forum police attack people for not knowing the answer (even if they don't either) or repeat the "it's early access" line as if that helps anyone.

Apparently questioning that behaviour has got me labelled as a whiner.

Yes, you are. same old whine.

Instead of blaming others. Look in the mirror.

I guess the irony of this statement went right over your head, because you just proved my point.

Sorry, but you never have a point.

All the OP is asking is to be more careful when posting about a problem. A real beta tester will know the difference. The public won't. So, we get a bunch of threads started by users who could have figured out the problem with a little research.

Nobody is policing the forum. It's a simple request to be more careful. Not hard to understand.

Buzz

Sorry, but you never have a point.

All the OP is asking is to be more careful when posting about a problem. A real beta tester will know the difference. The public won't. So, we get a bunch of threads started by users who could have figured out the problem with a little research.

Nobody is policing the forum. It's a simple request to be more careful. Not hard to understand.

I do have a point. You're just not listening.

Yes you're right users should put some effort into their own research. But even the NATOPS won't give you all the answers. Combined with more incomplete modules, understanding what's correct or not is only going to get more difficult, and more threads asking questions will be an inevitable result.

If you disagree with that, come back with a counter point instead of more insults.