F/A-18C seems broken in mission editor?

311Gryphon

Not sure what changed...I used F-18 last Saturday and it worked fine. Fired it up tonight and skipped the updater, went into the mission editor, and the F-18 acted all kinds of wonky. All on the Open Beta.

EPISODE 1

1. Loaded existing mission I played last week with 3 Hornets on a carrier. I tried to change the livery in one and no liveries would load at all in the list (none were listed). Mission is in Caucuses.

2. I deleted 2 of the 3 but it would not allow me to select the 3rd one and would only allow me to select the Stennis.

3. I tried to exit the mission editor, dialog box asking me if I want to exit without saving pops up, say no, DCS won't exit the editor. Task manager out of it.

EPISODE 2

1. Since I skipped the updater I go into the folder and run the updater. It ran the check for updates but didn't actually update, it just launched DCS (I may not have done that right).

2. Went into DCS and tried the mission editor again but in Persian Gulf. If I select F-18 as the plane BEFORE placing it I can't place it. If I select any other plane I can place it and change it to any other plane except the F-18. Or, I should say, the type of plane will change to F-18 but not the satellite image.

3. If I DO change it there are no liveries and ME won't exit.

4. Task manager out again.

EPISODE 3

1. Load a quick mission with F-18 and it loads and I can fly.

2. Go back to mission editor and load Nevada.

3. Exact same behavior.

4. Task manager out.

EPISODE 4

1. Load DCS and uninstall (maybe?) F-18 in the module manager (turned it off)

2. Restart DCS

3. Turn it back on

4. Restart DCS

5. Load mission editor (Caucuses)

6. Same behavior - task manager out

I'm betting I'm going to have to reinstall DCS completely again, but I'm hoping someone has a better answer or something to try. System specs should be in my sig.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried running cleanup and repair ?

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Not sure what changed...I used F-18 last Saturday and it worked fine. Fired it up tonight and skipped the updater, went into the mission editor, and the F-18 acted all kinds of wonky.

Can't replicate, seems to work here, no problem placing F-18c Lot 20 aircraft and changing liveries.

Can't offer much help with out logs, but I would backup / Rename your "..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" folder and let it create a new one and give that a quick try to see if remedies the issue (suspect problem would be in the "..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor" directory). If that fixes that issue, then reconstruct from you original copy for controllers, logbook and other needed settings, if not just restore the backup to its original place / name and try something else.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

So I was freaking out last night trying to figure this out and couldn't think of anything that changed between last weekend and this one. Today on my way home from work I realized I had been testing a skin I made for someone and had put it in the users.....saved games folder structure. Then I copied it back into Core Mods but didn't delete it out of the saved games.

So yeah, you were right on MadDog. I deleted the one in the saved game structure and it works fine. Kids, don't put the same livery in two places or DCS naturally won't know what to do.

A wise man once told me that computers are really obedient and try to do exactly what we tell them to do.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]