Best DLC A-10C Campaign

raelias

So, in your opinion, what is the best campaign for the hog? Or more then one

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

• 2 weeks later...

Piercing fury and The enemy within. Both are great on their own.

The first is more "realistic" and the second is a bit more cinematic in the mission objectives.

On another hand, all the qualification campaigns are top notch, but they are not combat missions.

That being said, both the georgian hammer and the stone shield campaigns are perfect for begginers but for experienced players they can be a bit "arcadish" or lacking in some aspects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I only own Piercing Fury and I can highly recommend it. It feels very realistic, but then again, you would not expect different from a real A-10C veteran :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Do all the campaigns plus the Maple qualifying campaigns work on 2.53? Some of them are getting old and when you download them you have no idea if they'll work with the latest updates.

They work perfectly fine, with that logic the A-10C should not work at all :) Sometimes triggers get messed up in an update but the campaign devs usually keep supporting their campaigns.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Do all the campaigns plus the Maple qualifying campaigns work on 2.53? Some of them are getting old and when you download them you have no idea if they'll work with the latest updates.

The old payware versions sold directly through Maple Flag, and the even older freeware versions are no longer current and I would expect to run into problems, especially with any trigger relating to altitude as the weather and map has changed quite a bit since DCS 1.x

The Maple Flag campaigns that are now for sale through the ED store should be up-to-date and good to go.

I second the votes for both Operation Piercing Fury and The Enemy Within. Those are the only two I have experience with.

I only flew the first couple of missions from the Piercing Fury campaign, and they were really excellent (it was around that time that my playing shifted almost exclusively to MP, and I really want to play through that campaign, just didn't find the time to do it yet).

I've been involved with testing The Enemy Within, so I'm certainly biased towards this campaign, but I can certainly recommend it. Plus, it's receiving a complete overhaul right now and the new version, from my personal impression, is the best yet. :thumbup:

There were also some brilliant mini campaigns like "Save Badger" (both SP and MP), but I'm not sure if they still work.

Last time I tried, Save Badger was still working.

Most of the DLC campaigns are fun. The only one I shouldn't have bought is the Stone Shield. Way to easy and empty. Years away from Ranger79 and Baltic Dragon's work.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

RF is really easy, the missions are very repetitive. Fly same route out mostly, and targets are sitting nicely in open desert and are decimated quickly by 4 a-10s armed to the teeth with cbu's etc Piercing fury is excellent as is enemy within. Are there any single missions worth trying?

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP