Virpil Software help please

chief

Hi all. As probably most of you are, I am very much enjoying the WarBRD base and Throttle. One thing I am having problems with, which you can hopefully change through their software, is the switched. For example, the T2 switch on the throttle. Right now I move it forward and it recognizes it as button 32 being pressed. I move it backwards and once again it recognizes it as button 32 being pressed. What I would like is to move it forward and button 32 as being pressed and when moving it backwards it recognizing it as being button 32 being released. So when you go to the virpil joystick tester tool I would like the 32 to light up when forward and to extinguish when moved backwards.

NOW that being said when you open the software, click on the BUTTON tab on the left, then move the switch forward and backward it recognizes it was being 29 and 28 respectively. Why can' this stuff just be simple!!! lol

Logical vs physical buttons. Physical button 28 is mapped to logical button 32, so is 29. You need to remap physical button 29 to next available logical button and change function of both (28 and 29) to "switch".

Check the profile I've attached in this post. Ignore joystick gremlin part.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3646635&postcount=31

Edited by mdee

I quite like it as is, not that you are wrong.

But with the warthog toggles where they work like hold and press switches you wither need heave Lua editing or TARGET scripts so you won't have to flick each switch twice to say toggle the landing gears.

As the throttle sends a button 32 pulse on either up or down state it will easily work as a toggle.

On the warthog I would have to manually go into the lua controll file and manually add events for both button down and release to create similar behaviour.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

So I was must have been messing around with something in the virpil software and not realized what I did. But now my button 1 and 2 (left pinkie buttons) are not being recognized. Is there a way to set the stick right back to factory default?

Well I now clicked the reset device profile (go to factory default settings) in the device firmware update page and it still doesn't recognize these buttons. Is it just coincidence too that both these buttons are on the left throttle?

Edited by chief

Probably should send cyph3r an email to support@virpil.com.

Sounds like you maybe got something messed up in the software, he will get you sorted.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Oh for Freak sake. I was using VPC.CNT.V07 in the SET PCB top right. When I downloaded mdee's file I noticed his was V06 and I was like "Hey wait a minute". So I loaded VPC's V06 and now it works. See, this is the type of stuff that Isn't explained very well when using this software. So what is V07 for then?

Hey mdee. I got what your first post is about now. Except I think you mean to change the function of 28 and 29 not to "switch" but to normal. They were defaulted already to switch. So I put them to normal and it's working the way I would like them to. Thanks for you help bud

Oh for Freak sake. I was using VPC.CNT.V07 in the SET PCB top right. When I downloaded mdee's file I noticed his was V06 and I was like "Hey wait a minute". So I loaded VPC's V06 and now it works. See, this is the type of stuff that Isn't explained very well when using this software. So what is V07 for then?

Not sure - I never changed it, left it how it was by default. I doubt the throttles have different PCB versions, but who knows - if you really want to know, Cyp3r is your best bet.

Hey mdee. I got what your first post is about now. Except I think you mean to change the function of 28 and 29 not to "switch" but to normal. They were defaulted already to switch. So I put them to normal and it's working the way I would like them to. Thanks for you help bud

Yeah, you right, "normal" = "switch". I set up mine so up is one logical button, down is another.

• 2 weeks later...

I still don’t know what Device PCB means in the software configure box and what do the 01 thru 07 mean? I think there are 7 in the list plus a light PCB Device? Can someone tell me what this is and what I’m supposed to with a T50 stick? Thanks