Why no changelog (24.10 update)

fjacobsen

Why are no changelog posted here in the DCS forums anymore ?

I just found this on Razbam's facebook:

Today's DCS AV8-B Harrier Beta update ????????

HUD REPEATER = ✔️

FLIR TO HUD =✔️

FLIR behind HUD REPEATER in MFD = ✔️

DMT SLEW live in the REPEATER and HUD= ✔️

HUD repeater though has been reported to be bugged.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

This also leads to the impression that the developement is at an almost standstill, while it´s actually not - causing some frustration.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Why are no changelog posted here in the DCS forums anymore ?

I just found this on Razbam's facebook:

Today's DCS AV8-B Harrier Beta update ????????

HUD REPEATER = ✔️

FLIR TO HUD =✔️

FLIR behind HUD REPEATER in MFD = ✔️

DMT SLEW live in the REPEATER and HUD= ✔️

HUD repeater though has been reported to be bugged.

I'm even not able to find that on FB ???

Edited by Cornelius

This also leads to the impression that the developement is at an almost standstill, while it´s actually not - causing some frustration.

exactly my impression

The development has been in a stand-still for 2 month's just look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204693&page=2 . Last major update was August 29 both here & on FB.

What major updates did we get the last 2 month's? The Hud can be moved to MFD....seriously 2 months?

The development progress has been very disappointing lately!

But hay don't worry, it's all fine & dandy :thumbup:. The AV8B is supposed to be finished in 2018 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3536909&postcount=1 only 2 month's left & we'll have an finished AV8B :pilotfly:.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

The development has been in a stand-still for 2 month's just look here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204693&page=2 . Last major update was August 29 both here & on FB.

What major updates did we get the last 2 month's? The Hud can be moved to MFD....seriously 2 months?

The development progress has been very disappointing lately!

But hay don't worry, it's all fine & dandy :thumbup:. The AV8B is supposed to be finished in 2018 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3536909&postcount=1 only 2 month's left & we'll have an finished AV8B :pilotfly:.

yah it looks like they switched priority to mig19, and 2 months are a quite short period in dcs development i guess, end of year is completly unrealistic for sure.

i assume, that with the f18 systems being programmed in EDs house, razbam had to hold some work just because things are expected to be changed on dcs side. (moving map brightness eg , mavericks,...) , so they started to use their time for the next project

unfortunately they didn t communicate it, and none of us knows the decision they made and cause of what reasons.

maybe DECOY can bring some light into here now. but this has to happen fast, better yesterday than today

btw. the bug section is still way too quiet

Personal I'm not going to buy another Razbam module before I see more progress on the M2000C and AV-8B.

So for my sake they can shift all their focus over on the Mig-19, but I' m not going to buy it - I'm not going to get burned a third time.

Look at Heatblur, they are doing a much better job. Developing the F-14, but at the same time keeps making large updates for the AJS37 Viggen.

I don't undersrand why ED tolerates Razbams way of releasing early acces modules without doing more to finish them, cause the frustration from the customers also hits ED.

Please Razbam - finish what You started - You allready got paid for it !!!

Personal I'm not going to buy another Razbam module before I see more progress on the M2000C and AV-8B.

So for my sake they can shift all their focus over on the Mig-19, but I' m not going to buy it - I'm not going to get burned a third time.

Look at Heatblur, they are doing a much better job. Developing the F-14, but at the same time keeps making large updates for the AJS37 Viggen.

I don't undersrand why ED tolerates Razbams way of releasing early acces modules without doing more to finish them, cause the frustration from the customers also hits ED.

I'm also having second thoughts about purchasing Early Releases Modules, it just seems update are seldom and the finished product is in the far distance future.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Originally Posted by fjacobsen View Post

Please Razbam - finish what You started - You already got paid for it !!!

OMG finally some words of wisdom! :thumbup:

This! :ranting:

I won't be touching the Farmer, possibly not at all, and at least not until the Harrier is a lot more worthy of the money we've already spent on it. Who knows what's going on - they don't even speak any more.

My guess is it's been shoved to the back burner, while they try and get the Farmer 'feature complete' and published so they get a payday in time for Christmas.

That could be well wide of the mark, I suppose. But how would I know? There's no comms...

Edited by Zadren

I got in touch with Razbam via Messenger on their Facebook page yesterday evening.

They told they woul add a changelog, but nothing has been posted here as You all can see.

I could not say it better :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Guys I will be taking over the Changelog posts here on the Forum, I will also continue posting them on the Razbam website.

Nice to hear...

Can You elaborate on how developement is prioritsed between the modules ?

The M2000C seems to be in beta forever and not much, if any, progress is shown.

I think most can agree that it´s far from feature complete or bugfree.

Regarding the AV-8B - recently (last 6 month or so), progress seems to have slowed down and now almost at a standstill.

HUD repeater is fine, but many features are still bugged and has been so for a long time.

At the same time there is now much talk about the MIG-19.

Nice and fine, but honstly I feel that Razbam DCS history has shown that I risc to see the same pattern from the M2000C and AV-8B, being repeated on the MIG-19.

Alot of hype until release of the early acces, then a few month with fine progress, but then slowing down to a point where only small additions and bug fixes are done and the next module announcement is made.

How long has the M2000C been out as early acces ? (answer: it was released for early acces Dec. 2015 -> almost 3 years ago)

Do You find that such a long timespan is reasonable ?

Is this also what we can expect for the AV-8B ?

Then for sure the MIG-19 won´t be for me !

I have no problem with early acces, as some probably will chime in and tell, but when paying money to support a developer (which early acces is all about) also means that the are obligated to put in max effort to finish the project.

If it´s a very complex aircraft, then I expect it to take time and I´m happy as long as I see reasonable progress being done - sometimes large updates, sometimes smaller - but at least constant progress.

Offcourse a project can be hampered if thye 3rd party developer is awaiting ED to add some functionalities required for the project.

All in all it´s also about proper communication, which hasn´t been very strong to say the least.

I hope that Your entry (=DECOY=) will righten this.

Best regards

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

Nice to hear...

Can You elaborate on how developement is prioritsed between the modules ?

The M2000C seems to be in beta forever and not much, if any, progress is shown. I think most can agree that it´s far from feature complete or bugfree.

Regarding the AV-8B - recently (last 6 month or so), progress seems to have slowed down and now almost at a standstill.

At the same time there is now much talk about the MIG-19.

Nice and fine, but honstly I feel that Razbam DCS history has shown that I risc to see the same pattern from the M200C and AV-8B being repeated on the MIG-19.

Alot of hype until release of the early acces, then a few month with fine progress, but then slowing down to a point where only small additions and bug fixes are done.

How long has the M200C been out as early acces ?

Do You find that such a long timespan is reasonable ?

Is this also what we can expect for the AV-8B ?

Then for sure the MIG-19 won´t be for me !

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

How long has the M2000C been out as early acces ? (answer: it was released for early acces Dec. 2015 -> almost 3 years ago)

The Mirage has been out of Early Access for ages now afaik.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

I too am frustrated with the lack of progress, news, and updates on the AV8B. I have posted about the missing change log info that never makes it into the DCS Updates. The last real update in the DCS Logs were on July 4th. Also frustrated with the lack of progress in the RAZBAM Updates. That last update was a joke, really? Updated the RWR sound? It appears nothing serious is being done.

I'd like to fly the AV8B, but don't fly it anymore because of this. And have decided not to buy anyone's Early Release's anymore. They get your money, put it on the back burner, and start working on something else to get your money.

Very Frustrated...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I too am frustrated with the lack of progress, news, and updates on the AV8B. I have posted about the missing change log info that never makes it into the DCS Updates. The last real update in the DCS Logs were on July 4th. Also frustrated with the lack of progress in the RAZBAM Updates. That last update was a joke, really? Updated the RWR sound? It appears nothing serious is being done.

I'd like to fly the AV8B, but don't fly it anymore because of this. And have decided not to buy anyone's Early Release's anymore. They get your money, put it on the back burner, and start working on something else to get your money.

Very Frustrated...

+1

+1

Guys you may not have seen but i have mentioned on other posts:

I have made a list of current bugs and i am currently testing each of them, starting with the point track issue.

Soon I will be talking about the state of the harrier and mirage as well as providing a bug tracker for you all to view on the Razbam website and on this forum.

In relation to the changelogs yes updates are missing for the harrier and the mirage. this will be addressed. Also as a note I will be posting the changelogs on this forum and the Razbam website so they will be updated for you all to view.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2