AOA indicator

grafspee

AOA indicato in cocpit is showing wrong reading(over 10 degrees of AOA) in level flight while in f2 viev AOA is showing 1.5 degree only. even diving nose full will not reach 0 degree AOA i think that is not right

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

AOA indicato in cocpit is showing wrong reading(over 10 degrees of AOA) in level flight while in f2 viev AOA is showing 1.5 degree only. even diving nose full will not reach 0 degree AOA i think that is not right

It is showing Units of AOA (approx AOA +10) and an AOA of greater then 0° is expected in level flight.

• 2 weeks later...
Egles's AoA(Units) = 0.7728*AoA(RealDegrees)+12.22

AoA probably does not look good. This explains the sensitivity of the control lever when it is pulled. At a slower speed the airplane gets a stall. When the control lever is smooth and gentle.

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AoA probably does not look good. This explains the sensitivity of the control lever when it is pulled. At a slower speed the airplane gets a stall. When the control lever is smooth and gentle.

Care to elaborate? Do you call the stick a control lever? I hardly understand your post. What exactly is wrong with AoA?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

In most cases, since the DCS 1.2.16 version, I use the F-15C. I know the airplane is not suitable for dogfighting. But it was able to maneuver with it at low speeds of around 300 knots. Today, by developing DCS, it seems to me that the aircraft has a very sensitive control lever with a high AoA effect. The airplane cockpit shakes and tends to fall.

Do you think the real machine is not capable of maneuvering at a speed of about 540 km / h, smoothly pulling the lever so it does not have a problem with the flight? :smilewink:

<White Tiger>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know the airplane is not suitable for dogfighting.

You know wrong :)

Do you think the real machine is not capable of maneuvering at a speed of about 540 km / h, smoothly pulling the lever so it does not have a problem with the flight? :smilewink:

It maneuvers perfectly well at that speed. The AoA shaking is exaggerated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Flasher said:

Is it the same in the real plane ?

What exactly? Some calculations are done in the real aircraft to show AoA units to the pilot. It might not be as simple or even linear.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

6 hours ago, Flasher said:

Where this formula comes from ?

Someone else posted it on this very forum years ago.