mission 15 problems

Xxx

Hi.

Anyone done mission 15?

A few problems, probably just me?

First attempt.

Firstly, my wingman does not respond to any commands. Neither Ch #1 Red or Ch #1 green? Neither Ch #2 for package? He is unable to reply, therefore his weapons are useless.

Noble 2, does not attack, they just circle the target. They get no orders to attack. Even after I destroy the AAA. Since the Gazelles show up I assume they are not cleared to attack? However I don't have CAP or my wingman available so I wonder if this is intentional or DCS AI bug?

There is no "X" for the lazer spot on the Hud? Although I think a couple of Paveways hit the Gun Dish's? From what I recall, there should be an "X" where the JTAC is lasing?

JTAC does respond properly on Ch#10 "Moonbeam", but I end up with no Paveways and Moon beam requests "Guns". Meanwhile Gazelles appear! Max does not engage these, although he is CAP?

Seems I loose contact with everyone once I contact Moonbeam?

Could my first reply on the radio chat be the cause? I reply to Max's Gazelle hunt with sarcasm? The other reply is to back him up?

Anyway its a bit mission impossible at the moment. Needless to say, if my wingman was "awake" the mission would probably be ok?

EDIT;

Re did mission and replied to first question, that Max did well against Gazelles in mission where he got shot down. This appeared to alter some parameters and allow a more orderly mission progression.

I completed both tasks. The Gun Dish AAA were destroyed, by LGB from myself and wingman. Final Zsu by my cannon! and both Gazelles were shot down by myself and Noble 2.

Noble 2 completed his attack on the train. But there was then a message to request help with the Gazelles? JTAC confirmed all targets destroyed, but the mission didn't appear to recognise the completion? However I RTB and to my surprise got a mission completion?

After JTAC reported all units destroyed, there was no mission message to switch radio frequencies. I tried all of them, but only F10 menu item was request help with Gazelles?

I believe the problems are with the DCS AI. I saw a Mirage that had been destroyed, bouncing up and down (several hundred feet), the AI entity obviously hadn't been removed! Only the wreck of one Gazelle was shown in F2.

Looking at Tacview was even stranger. It showed F15's self destructing? My kill on the Gazell was shown as a kill by Noble 2? I bet this plays differently every time, due to AI misbehaving!

Hope this post helps a bit and isn't too rambling!:cry:

I used to use CTLD JTAC as a mod. If this still works it's much better than the DCS JTAC. However, not everyone may have it as a mod? The need to have the JTAC Warroir in close proximity to the targets is an unfortunate necessity, until DCS fixes it!

Regards

David

Edited by Accipiter
Mission objectives completed

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

hey, M15 is pretty complex and it is possible that something went wrong with it due to Ainor some other bugs. I will be home on Friday and will give it a whirl and try to repair it if anything is wrong - sometimes it is just a missed radio transmission because of the wrong freq etc. I hope to heve it fixed for next Wednesday!

The choice of first answer to Max doesn’t change anything in the mission. there are no X’s on the HUD for paveways, the trick is to do the CCrP bombing and tell the JTAC to turn on the laser at the correct moment both for you and your wingman. During the attack the wingman is at the same freq as the JTAC. The correct order is: Max attacka the Gazelles -> Noble drops his bombs -> You destroy the AAA -> You (and Noble depending on F10 choice) attack the Gazelles -> Hogs come -> one additional tasking which you may accept.

Hope this helps!

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks, I re flew and it followed the sequence.

I think the AI and the Tacview sometimes get things wrong!

But this was a great "final" mission...well combat one anyway!

Regards

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot get this mission to work either.

Of course stupid Max and his wingman get quickly shot down by the Gazelles. Noble drops its bombs. My final LGB finally guided to a ZSU-23-4 after demanding a target shift from the JTAC. The first two LGBs were guided to an identical point on the ground, even though dropped in separate runs. My wingman responds positively to the order to 'attack primary and rejoin'. However, even though the laser is on, the wingman just does not drop any bombs. Whilst circling over the target, I tried shifting the target and turning the laser on/off many times, but my wingman does little else than making attack runs without dropping any ordnance.

Some other flights show up (F-4s, MiG-21s) and get shot down by the CAP, but little else happens. The A-10s keep circling and no other radio options come available.

I will retry the mission tomorrow and take 4 GBU-12s along.

I cannot get this mission to work either.

Of course stupid Max and his wingman get quickly shot down by the Gazelles. Noble drops its bombs. My final LGB finally guided to a ZSU-23-4 after demanding a target shift from the JTAC. The first two LGBs were guided to an identical point on the ground, even though dropped in separate runs. My wingman responds positively to the order to 'attack primary and rejoin'. However, even though the laser is on, the wingman just does not drop any bombs. Whilst circling over the target, I tried shifting the target and turning the laser on/off many times, but my wingman does little else than making attack runs without dropping any ordnance.

Some other flights show up (F-4s, MiG-21s) and get shot down by the CAP, but little else happens. The A-10s keep circling and no other radio options come available.

I will retry the mission tomorrow and take 4 GBU-12s along.

Hey!

Max and wingman are supposed to go down, this thing is scripted (sorry to disappoint!). As for the rest I also had some trouble with GBUs, the trick there is to get your wingman on the ride until he calls the targets for you (so you might need to get a little lower). Until he does, it is a bit of a hit & miss (pun intended). After he does, he will hit the targets, just make sure to ask JTAC to get the laser ON when wingman declares bombs away. Also, you don't need to destroy the ZSUs to continue, you can just call that you didn't manage to destroy them. Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

I did the mission again, now in the correct sequence. Hence, I started orbiting 15 miles from the target and waited for Noble to drop its bombs prior to going in. This time I took four GBU-12s along and they all guided swiftly and correctly onto the ZSU-23-4s.

Then came the order to attack the Gazelles. I decided for a joint attack with Noble, which resulted in one of the F-16s going down. My Magic missiles were spoofed by the Gazelle's flares and my wingman could not be bothered to attack. Subsequently, I called in Reaper 01 which shot down both Gazelles. However, then the mission stopped progressing. I could call in Reaper 02 on F10 which did not do anything. Reaper and the A-10s kept circling. Well, I decided to go RTB and got a mission complete message with a 75% result.

All in all, a nice mission. It must be difficult with the constant DCS updates and AI quirks to have all missions to continue to run smoothly.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

My attempt on mission 15 was really successful, all stages worked fine..... except for the Gazelles ! We managed to shoot them down but one of them remained on the ground. I emptied all my guns on it (wingman refused to attack, as reaper flight). But the remaining Gazelle was still counted as alive, despite severe destruction (see picture).

So I have a suggestion for this kind of situation, that I used when making my own missions: maybe add a trigger that does the following :

"IF Gazelle is damaged AND Gazelle speed = 0 AND Gazelle altitude AGL = 0" THEN "Gazelle is destroyed"

In my view that would not be really cheating, since the Gazelle would be out of combat and then it allows the A-10 to finish the mission properly.

All other aspects, it was a very nice mission to fly, with lots of events and decisions to make, a pleasure.

G.thumb.jpg.f8f194467402c935af0fbb50da6232b4.jpg

Edited by swiss_lipo

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have trouble with this mission. This is what I do :

- I check in with Moonbeam, readback the nineline, and say "IP inbound".

- I place the crosshair of the Bomb more or less in the position of one of the AAA.

- I say "laser on"

- I drop the bomb when the little green line goes upwards

The bomb always misses the AAA.

What am I doing wrong ?

PS : I can't make my wingman attack, even after he spots the ground targets. On which frequency should I contact him ? (Red 1 or 2 ?) With what message exactly (n° 7 ?) ?

PPS : I coulnd't find any video showing this mission :(

Edited by alboon2000

Hey! From the top of my head: the same frequency as Moonbeam for your wingman. If normal command does not work, tell him to attack primary and rejoin - preferably after he calls the targets. Let me know if this helps!

Also when wingman does attack you have to talk to JTAC for him and call for laser ON when he declares “bombs away”.

Hi,

I finally (half) succeeded. I think what I missed was to say "SPOT" then "IN" (I watched youtube DCS JTAC videos) : my GBUs always hit the targets. The last one I had to use canon, as my wingman never wanted to attack.

But then I had to deal with the gazelles. I chose option C (common attack) but never had a chance to shoot one, as apparently they both got killed by a F16 (by "Wolkowitz" ?, as seen in the debreifing). Then there was a problem : F10 menu only gave the choice of calling Reaper 02 for help (on package), this is what I did but there was no voice over at all.

Finally I RTB with no further voice over (no debriefing, no contact with approach). When I parked I received a call from A10.

I scored 40/90.

I suppose I missed some voice over, I'm a bit sad I couldn't experiment, or at least watch the proper ending of this mission on youtube, but I'm still glad the JTAC thing worked :)

hi there,

I am afraid Mission 15 is bugged as well. I flew it several times by now and checked the net for mistakes I may have made, but let me tell you:

-) none of my GBU´s find their targets even though my communication with moonbeam should be find and JTAC confirm´s lasing and I follow the whole JTAC sequence. My buddy refrain´s from doing anything even though I do low fly by´s to make him see the enemies.

-) When tasked to go for the Gazelle´s I choose "simultanious attack", the F-16 do their Job and I also managed to do some Magic :-). Unfortunately as reported previously here, the Gazelle´s get hit and land in the surrounding of the primary target. Then AG attacks with gun rounds but the Gazelle´s don´t explode. Main rotor gone, tail beam gone, smoking, penetrated with multiple rounds of the gun and so on but their status doesn´t change to "destroyed". Calling in REAPER doesn´t change anything because helo´s are down (at least on the ground). BUSTER informs me that still two Gazelle´s with Mistral are present. Hence no mission progress.

At least my flying skills improve by repeatedly trying to fulllfill the missions here, but it´s annoying to spend hours and then get stuck in the air :-/

please check this final mission so I can bring this campaign to an end

many thanks

Hi, thanks for the update. While both problems sound like DCS bugs I will see what I can do, though I am afraid that won’t be too much regarding the JTAC.. and I think the Gazelles already have a safeguard built in that makes them explode when hit. In any case, if the problem persists I will report it to ED.

Hi, thanks for the update. While both problems sound like DCS bugs I will see what I can do, though I am afraid that won’t be too much regarding the JTAC.. and I think the Gazelles already have a safeguard built in that makes them explode when hit. In any case, if the problem persists I will report it to ED.

I am fine when JTAC doesn´t work as intended. The A-10 will take care for them anyway, don´t they? but the Gazelle´s prevent me from succeeding the mission. They do not explode or whatsoever when hit and aren´t rated as destroyed.

These pictures show what´s left of the Gazelles (hopefully the file upload works)

[/img]

btw: It is possible to get an IR lock with the MAGIC even when the target is downed. Haven´t tried on vehicels yet; sun is also a potent heat source :-)

Edited by blackactionedwin

Funny.. it does look pretty damaged, this certainly is a bug on the DCS side, but I'll try to work in some additional safeguards into it!

Compared to those 8 helicopters from a previous mission, these two here seem to be immortal. Each of those ate at least one missile and several gun hits.

Looking forward to the fix and finishing this masterpiece of a campaign. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Gazelle´s won´t die

Hi Baltic_Dragon,

last evening I had another go on this mission after updates have been made.

Unfortunately I cannot notice any change to previous version.

1.) Guided bombs do not track (I understand DCS related issue)

2.) Gazelle´s shot to hell and still alive

ad2.) I chose via F10 a joined attack on the Gazelle´s together with the F-16. This time my attack came too late and the F-16 took down both Gazelle´s by themself - F-16 then started orbiting around.

The Gazelle´s are similar damaged as shown on previous screenshots on this thread (main rotor off, tail off, Pilot left the helo - standing few meters away from the smoking pile of metal).

I checked mission debriefing afterwards which show hits by missiles (and my AG Gun run´s) on Gazelle´s, further "landing of both helos" and then "pilot exited plane" notes. No comment such as "destroyed" or "crashed".

I also reported via F10 as requested to bring in the Hawk´s but somehow from that moment with the Gazelle´s on the missions doesn´t progress.

As this was my 5th or 6th attempt I returned back to base and modified the logbook file to move on in the campaign. I really like the ending with music and the end credits - quit emotionel :-) congratulations and thank you for this great experience

Edited by blackactionedwin

Hey! In all honesty both problems you described are on DCS itself and not the campaign. I did include a safeguard for Gazelles and I had reports that it fixed the issue - perhaps you were unlucky? In any case good to hear you finished the campaign and that you liked it!

• 3 weeks later...

After some problems on Mission 14, I am experiencing the same problems with the Gazelle not being destroyable. Tried everything like calling in Reaper, Noble, etc but one always crash lands, cannot be destroyed and prevents things from moving forward. Tried it several times. Annoying Gazelle/DCS bug...maybe there's some tip on how to make sure this annoying helicopter gets destroyed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]