New Computer

Are there any issues for transferring my DCS from my old computer to my new computer I should know about? Is there anything in general I need to know? Thank you in advance.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

Firstly , you can install another version of DCS world on a second computer as it is free anyway .

My understanding is that you have to uninstall paid modules using the module manager , which will allow you to then reinstall them on the new computer . Hope you remember your login !

You may also wish to transfer control bindings via usb stick .

I would advise taking all of this with a grain of salt as i have never done any of this ! :)

BTW , lucky you , as the W-P museum is awesome ! Never dreamed I'd see a B-10....

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Are there any issues for transferring my DCS from my old computer to my new computer I should know about? Is there anything in general I need to know? Thank you in advance.

When you make a wholesale change, you should DEACTIVATE the modules first. Not a HUGE deal, honestly, but it's a piece of mind for some.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Firstly , you can install another version of DCS world on a second computer as it is free anyway .

My understanding is that you have to uninstall paid modules using the module manager , which will allow you to then reinstall them on the new computer . Hope you remember your login !

You may also wish to transfer control bindings via usb stick .

I would advise taking all of this with a grain of salt as i have never done any of this ! :)

BTW , lucky you , as the W-P museum is awesome ! Never dreamed I'd see a B-10....

That makes 2 of us. The mid war years have some of the most interesting aircraft.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Whoa , almost forgot . If you have older modules , be sure to note key numbers . Different authorisation system .

....and you might cosider saving your entire saved games folder on a usb stick . That will save logs , missions , etc as well as control binds .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Whoa , almost forgot . If you have older modules , be sure to note key numbers . Different authorisation system .

....and you might cosider saving your entire saved games folder on a usb stick . That will save logs , missions , etc as well as control binds .

I have backed everything up to my 4TB external drive, just in case. But in a way I might start from scratch when I get the F-14...

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Good to know !

Hi Fellows!

Sorry for hijack this thread and for my poor english.

I have bought a new ssd EVO860 500gb, and my current install is a 240gb ssd with win 7 . I want to move to win10 and install the new 500gb as a D: drive realocating my DCS install to this drive.

Question is it possible or any Tips .

Thanks in advance!

MSI Z390 Gaming Plus Intel I7 8700 @4.4Ghz CoolerMaster H411R Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 32GB NVidea GTX 1080 TI XFX650W PNY SSD 256gb win10 64 Samsung SSD480gb DCS,IL21946 WD Caviar Green 1Tb Ultimate Tir5.

Hi Fellows!

Sorry for hijack this thread and for my poor english.

I have bought a new ssd EVO860 500gb, and my current install is a 240gb ssd with win 7 . I want to move to win10 and install the new 500gb as a D: drive realocating my DCS install to this drive.

Question is it possible or any Tips .

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it's possible. Just copy the entire folder (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics) to your D: drive. Update the shortcuts on your desktop and you're all set.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Personally , i would update Win 7 to Win 10 on the 240gb drive , and re-install DCS on the new SSD . Some will tell you that you can copy DCS to the new drive , and that is true-I have done so . But it creates problems in the windows registry with updates . Should Bitmaster or some other computer guru advise another method , and you are confident enough in your abilities to follow through , by all means do so . But my method will get you there , if more slowly .

BTW , your English is much better than my Portuguese :)

Yes, it's possible. Just copy the entire folder (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics) to your D: drive. Update the shortcuts on your desktop and you're all set.

I see i have been sniped ! I otherwise would not have replied as i recognize your computer skills as greater than mine .

The reasoning behind my expressed method is because when updating , DCS would always refer to the "old" drive when updating , rather than the "new" installation .

Thanks a lot for your answers !

Thera are more sims , and yes I`m afraid of troubles .

I think I will go the longest way and do a frehs install for all of them.

Have a nice week!

MSI Z390 Gaming Plus Intel I7 8700 @4.4Ghz CoolerMaster H411R Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 32GB NVidea GTX 1080 TI XFX650W PNY SSD 256gb win10 64 Samsung SSD480gb DCS,IL21946 WD Caviar Green 1Tb Ultimate Tir5.

I see i have been sniped ! I otherwise would not have replied as i recognize your computer skills as greater than mine .

The reasoning behind my expressed method is because when updating , DCS would always refer to the "old" drive when updating , rather than the "new" installation .

It certainly is a safer way. But I've done the "copy DCS over" a few times and never had any issues. As far as I remember, the registry had the licensing and not file related.

But your advice is certainly as valid as any other!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---