Help with sensors

Irishlad200000

Yeah, I also get the same, can scroll through all settings, narrow band to wide band angle and manually increase and decrease elevation and nothing shows. Also, when on 140 maximum angle if the plane is just off level flight the azimuth line sticks at the side but if I bank it doesn't

In my experience of talking to people in multiplayer having similar issues the main culprit is what razo+r mentioned first: antenna elevation.

The radar has a setting of so-called bars .At the top of the radar screen it might say '1B1'. That means your radar is set to use one bar. Bars are basically the vertical equivalent of the angular scan size in the horizontal.

Basically: the more bars, the wider your vertical scan range. Lets say you have set it to four. The radar screen will read '4B1'. What dose that mean? It means your radar will automatically scan in four different elevations and is currently working on the first. It will make a complete scan, then the indication will say '4B2' and so on, until the cycle is complete.

The thing to know here is that when set to one bar you can only see targets that are roughly on your altitude and those flying above and below zip by without you ever knowing.

Now, the downside of setting this to a very high number is that the radar can only look at one particular elevation at a time, just like with scanning a wide area left and right. So while you can 'look further up and down', it also takes longer until you get the next reading from 'straight ahead'.

So what about the radar elevation control then? That's the second thing involved here. You can also tune your radar to look at an angle manually, say... always scan 2° upward. That works just as well, you only have to remember that - with just one bar - your scan area is still like a flat surface. If you scan a very wide azimuth angle at the same time, your contact might actually cross through the small space your radar can see while the radar looks the wrong way.

Currently it also seems like flanking and cold targets are very very hard to spot by our radar. Even when you know where they should be (awacs) and are actively chasing them... Then they turn on you and radar lights them up no problem.

I assume once we get the options for different signal stuff (sorry for the technical terminology there) we can choose (or mix) better signals for cold/flanking targets instead of just hot ones.

Currently it also seems like flanking and cold targets are very very hard to spot by our radar. Even when you know where they should be (awacs) and are actively chasing them... Then they turn on you and radar lights them up no problem.

I assume once we get the options for different signal stuff (sorry for the technical terminology there) we can choose (or mix) better signals for cold/flanking targets instead of just hot ones.

I was under the impression that PRF is working now...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2