1080TI S Odyssey/ Shimmering/jagged mess

Ive been going trough the net again looking at this issue but of course no fix. It really does seem like a systemwide windows issue. I came across this one which illustrates my issue very well but since things also looks so much worse with 0x AA there has to be something with the rendering too that is not working as it should.  My picture is pretty much boiling in VR with the constant movement ant its just a horrible experience.  The odd thing is that the old FS2004 in exclusive fullscreen has the AA working in the video below. Sadly my fs2004 Cd's are broken so i cant test it

And the post. He has reported it around various forums. https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=141370&p=242753#p242753

And a playlist i made with various footage from DCS and other games 

Edited by trigen
  • Like 1

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

• 4 months later...

@trigen 

I'm glad to find another one with this behavior. Things are for me like you described here. 

Had crisp visuals in vr before and now things somehow changed badly since switching to a newer rig.

I have to dial in extreme resolution settings to only reduce jaggy edges a bit. But it still looks bad in comparison to what i experienced before. Generally the more distant objects are, the more jagged and messy they are. 

I blamed my new hardware setup but obviously its not to blame. Good to know cos i am on a 5900X with rtx 3090 and a reverb g2. 

Are there any news on this so far?

best regards ....

2.7 is unplayable for me between the aliasing , cloud flickering much worse than before and significant loss of performance . Been in VR for 3 yrs now , and getting very discouraged with DCS . Think I'll download that other Russian sim and use it until multicore and Vulkan arrives for DCS . 

• Like 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2