720 degree flight simulator

Nascar

If this thing can work for DCS with our own flight sticks.-Holy Schnikes!

They show one version with belts instead of that big bar to strap in.

http://www.xd-cinema.com/zhuoyuan-720-degree-flight-vr-simulator-with-flight-game/

US $3,000-13,800

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/flight-simulator-5D-7D-cinema-720_60780857019.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.17.7b5675dehIItNX&s=p

QRmx-DXlxuM

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Yeah , 720° needs gs to work , and that ain't happenin....

Input/output would be a bear , too . Multi-channel wifi or two hellacious slip rings

And forget any kinda head tracking...

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Every time someone posts one of these, there's inevitably someone else who will say "you can't feel g's with it" while forgetting the fact that in order to feel constant g's, you also need a constant acceleration. Unless you're in the actual aircraft or in a centrifuge, there's no way to recreate g's except in very short bursts while staying in one place.

Every time someone posts one of these, there's inevitably someone else who will say "you can't feel g's with it" while forgetting the fact that in order to feel constant g's, you also need a constant acceleration. Unless you're in the actual aircraft or in a centrifuge, there's no way to recreate g's except in very short bursts while staying in one place.

Yeah G's are mostly monetary first time I got inverted in a Yak 52 g-force holds you in the seat until your inverted that is no longer rolling then your weight bears down on your shoulders and thighs (briefly you think is the harness done up correctly because I don't think that perspex would stop me :P) some other manoeuvres create much longer G-force/centrifugal effects on you especially in L39 :D.

BTW I got stick time as well and doing rolls in the DCS yak 52 feels oh so similar it's amazing how the brain fills in the missing details especially in VR. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Right about the constant acceleration , wrong about forgetting . That is precisely why we're laughing about that rig

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

With the inability to replicate g-forces, I think motion platforms that just bank/pitch about 30 to 45 degrees are probably better for providing feedback to VR flying. I say that having served on submarines. A 15 degree roll in rough seas felt more like 45 degrees and a genuine 45 degree roll would through you out of your seat and on to the floor, feeling more like 60 to 90 degrees. There was no horizon reference on submarines, so the feeling of any angle at all was greatly amplified. With a VR headset on and really good motion response tuning, your brain could be tricked very easily without having to actually bank or pitch 60 degrees or more.

On the other hand, if you were flying level but inverted for any length of time or performing 360 degree rolls along a level flight path, these full motion simulators would be necessary to feel the -1g. But since air combat is usually under positive g loads greater than 1, flipping the virtual pilot upside down doesn't make sense at all since he will perceive -1g while needing to feel positive g.

Motion platforms make much more sense for general aviation or airliners that perform much gentler maneuvers with only 1g to 3g. You really need an exceptionally responsive centrifuge to even come close to modeling the feel of air combat... and even then it will make you more dizzy than actual flight.

Until the human interface with computers reaches a level comparable to the Matrix, I have come to accept that virtual air combat will never, ever replicate the feel of flying fighters. But VR headsets and vibrating seat cushions get you pretty damn close minus the g-forces.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Obviously, the video is ridiculous and the system isn't perfect but it beats the hell out of most set ups. Kind of like VR, you have trade offs but I couldn't go back to a monitor.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

The whole point of flight simulation is to simulate the real life experience of flying, as close as possible.

I agree with people saying ”it doesn’t simulate G forces”. I also know that simulating real G forces isn’t possible in a home setup.

Which brings me to my point.

Since G force simulation isn’t possible, rotating all around the clock won’t give you a better experience, than having a sim platform that tilt +/- 30°, in all directions.

As an example, hanging upside down in the motion simulator will make you experience -1G, regardless of what you are doing in the visual simulator. You could be pulling 4G in a loop. When the motion simulator puts you on top, you feel -1G. This will mess with your equilibrium, but it won’t simulate flight.

The full motion simulators, I do my bi-annuals in, only tilt and yaw partially. When accelerating it tilts backwards. When retarding it tils forward. You get the idea. This is quite enough to trick the equilibrium into believing you are flying. Even when doing a complete roll, the visuals show a 360° roll, but the motion will only give you a fraction of that. Still, it is enough to trick your equilibrium.

So, as long as there’s no G force simulation, having more than +/-30° tilt makes no sense.

Going 720° is totally unnecessary, and will only make the experience less realistic.

So what your saying is we need gravitational field generator and an Inertial damper system. :P

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 2 weeks later...

This 720 is very limited in effect. And it will be interesting if they ever integrate it into any functional flight sim.

I agree with people saying ”it doesn’t simulate G forces”. I also know that simulating real G forces isn’t possible in a home setup.

Firstly VR is essential in fooling the brain for effect...

And I agree about the 720 as well, but a g-seat with belt tensioners does a good job in simulating (sustained) g forces with VR, which can be made in a home setup.

Couple this with the 6 degree of movement simulator if you have room, as per the professional pilot training systems, that included heave, surge and sway then it is as good as it gets for a home setup. However only the 720 would give the -1g sustained effect if it could be integrated. The Kraken is not a home setup, and the 720 is... gimmicky?

belt tensioners does a good job in simulating (sustained) g forces with VR

And in physical cockpit sims, with projectors or screens.

I have flown a fixed based fighter simulator with G-pants, belt tensioners and seat and back pressure bellows. Worked great!

I picked up a 2 DOF racing sim seat for a project at work. Tried it out with DCS. Default behavior is to match the pitch and bank of the aircraft to 30 degrees while wearing VR. As a pilot, I found the motion cues confusing, as I felt like I was not coordinating my turns. I may try to implement some of the acceleration and runway braking cues with fore-aft tilt, but I prefer to not have any roll, or to have the seat roll only to simulate slips and skids. The seat is a very nice high performance piece of engineering. Overall, I was disappointed by the experience, but it is worth further tweaking.

That’s exactly the point.

In a real aircraft it is quite possible to roll 360 degrees, without feeling any other forces than sitting still in a chair. Just have a look at Bob Hoover pouring ice tea.

This is why one can’t have a motion simulator that mimics the movement of the simulated aircraft. It must mimic the percieved forces, of the simulated aircraft, which is much harder to accomplish.

So yes, your motion plattform roll axis should move when there are side forces, not when the aircraft rolls. And the pitch axis should move when there’s changes in longitudinal acceleration, not when the aircraft is pitching up or down.