UH-60 Blackhawk

Pilot909

Belsimtek/ED... Please consider this. The UH-60 is like the F-16 of the helo world in terms of export and use. It's a serious workhorse all around the world in military, emergency and utility applications. Here are just some of the users: United States, Australia, Brazil, Taiwan, Colombia, Israel, Mexico, Slovakia, Turkey and others... The ideal variant IMO would be the UH-60L or even the UH-60M if possible. Please consider the BlackHawk or ANY of the H-60 variants! It doesn't have to be a lead slinging rocket launching gunship to be fun, you've got a mini-gun on either side of you anyway. Dropping into an LZ and extracting troops, slingin loads and just flying around would be fun enough. I rarely take the Mi-8 and UH-1H into combat anyway, and if I do its for troop/cargo transport. If we can have the CE-II and Yak-52 I dont want to hear ANYTHING about how "the UH-60L duddn hav rokkits tho, no funn" Utility helicopters have a VERY important roll in modern warfare, and are 100% a necessary addition to DCS if the goal is achieving a well rounded combat sim. ESPECIALLY with the rollout of stuff like dynamic campaigns.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by Pilot909
  • Like 2

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

Yeah, I started one November 2017 as well. The more people asking and talking about the UH-60 the better. Making a post about it gets the UH-60 supporters out of the woodwork and talking about it more often than not. Thus showing a good level of interest in said hypothetical product. So I figured wth and gave it a shot. Thx though.

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

I fly the Huey into combat all the time, why would a H-60 be any better? I mean, I'm not saying don't do one ( although personally I'd probably leave it, no interest - my desire would be the MH-53 ) but that seems an odd reason to justify one.

Edited by Richard Dastardly

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

• 3 weeks later...
I fly the Huey into combat all the time, why would a H-60 be any better? I mean, I'm not saying don't do one ( although personally I'd probably leave it, no interest - my desire would be the MH-53 ) but that seems an odd reason to justify one.

even though I fly the Huey as well I definately vote for a UH-60 (any Version). And I also vote for the CH-53 (any version). I really hope that we´ll see these one day in DCS.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

even though I fly the Huey as well I definately vote for a UH-60 (any Version). And I also vote for the CH-53 (any version). I really hope that we´ll see these one day in DCS.

I was curious about the justification - what makes the H-60 a better battle platform than the Huey? or at least "a better platform to fly into combat".

Sea King ( SH-3 if you're pedantically US / must have the Sikorsky version ) before any of the other mentioned helis though, IMO.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

I (and a gazillion others), like you, would love a Black Hawk.

Day 0.0001 purchase.

I'd buy two, in fact.

I think the issue is licensing from Sikorsky. I've heard/read that they can be difficult. It may actually be more productive to lobby Sikorsky to open up to allowing ED to work on the Black Hawk than asking ED! Anyone know anyone who knows someone?

I was curious about the justification - what makes the H-60 a better battle platform than the Huey? or at least "a better platform to fly into combat".

Sea King ( SH-3 if you're pedantically US / must have the Sikorsky version ) before any of the other mentioned helis though, IMO.

The Black Hawk basically took everything about the Huey and improved it. A lot of it has to do with aircraft survivability but the improvements to cargo capacity and lifting capability is significant as well. The Black Hawk even fully loaded feels like it has an endless amount of power.

I definitely would love to fly my aircraft in DCS but ED really needs to work on the combined arms/infantry in game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

Definitely yes to any new helicopters, but if we're getting an xH-60 type, I'd recommend an MH-60, as we could use it on the so-called "Super Carrier Module" that we're getting (ref).

Otherwise, we are getting just a "somewhat-better UH-1H". That doesn't strike me as a major difference in capability, especially for the huge wait and development effort required before it materialises.

But, I'd still get a UH-60 if there was one. :)

And definitely still "YES PLEASE!!" to any European types: Puma, Super Puma, Couger, Lynx, Panther, Tiger, NH-90, etc.

I (and a gazillion others), like you, would love a Black Hawk.

Day 0.0001 purchase.

I'd buy two, in fact.

I think the issue is licensing from Sikorsky. I've heard/read that they can be difficult. It may actually be more productive to lobby Sikorsky to open up to allowing ED to work on the Black Hawk than asking ED! Anyone know anyone who knows someone?

Could try asking Westland, they built one & have had a lot of Sikorsky licenses in the past too ( albeit the ones they built have generally been rather heavily modified )

Do UH-60s carry anything like the armament our Hueys do? ( as in do they, not can they potentially carry armament )

While lots of different helicopters would be neat...I think we would be better served if we focused on what helicopters we "need".

What choppers do we "need"? Well let's look at it from a mission created point of view...

We "need" SH-60Bs for the modern Carrier Operations being developed. Both operationally as Plane Guard Aircraft and VERTREP assets.

We "need" CH-46 Sea Knights, CH-53 Sea Stallions, UH-1Ys and AH-1W/Z to operate off of LHAs along side Harriers.

We "need" UH-60Gs CH-47s, HH-53s and MH-53s CH-47s for logistics, UH-60Gs and CH-53s for heavy lifting and combat search and rescue.

Now are we likely to get all of these aircraft...probably not. But it would be better to have 1 or 2 helicopters that compliment the current aircraft and missions than a dozen " neat helicopters" with no real " mission" to perform in the current version of DCS world we have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

While lots of different helicopters would be neat...I think we would be better served if we focused on what helicopters we "need".

And that was a very American-centric list, too. Might be easier to do a EH-101 than a CH-53 if Sikorsky are awkward, for instance.

IMO -

* Lynx - naval strike / utility helicopter or battlefield utility heli, thoroughly modern rotor head makes it acrobatic & seriously fast. Torpedos, depth charges, antiship missiles, or cannon/rockets/TOW missiles, usual door guns, small enough to operate off frigates, and it's also different & west European which makes a change. Not very much like the Huey. Also the older ones were the angriest aircraft I have ever heared, when they're coming towards you.

* If you want a H-53 make it the MH-53 - while there was only a tiny number it does everything the CH-53 does and a lot of things on top, and more importantly things the Mi-8 doesn't do.

* Sea King/SH-3/S-61, if there's enough things for it to do to make it unique as oppposed to another large utility heli. There were a bunch of licensed versions of this which might help.

Then again if you're rationalising like that, why do we have the F-16 when the Hornet exists...

What choppers do we "need"? Well let's look at it from a mission created point of view...

We "need" SH-60Bs for the modern Carrier Operations being developed. Both operationally as Plane Guard Aircraft and VERTREP assets.

We "need" CH-46 Sea Knights, CH-53 Sea Stallions, UH-1Ys and AH-1W/Z to operate off of LHAs along side Harriers.

We "need" UH-60Gs CH-47s, HH-53s and MH-53s CH-47s for logistics, UH-60Gs and CH-53s for heavy lifting and combat search and rescue.

Now are we likely to get all of these aircraft...probably not. But it would be better to have 1 or 2 helicopters that compliment the current aircraft and missions than a dozen " neat helicopters" with no real " mission" to perform in the current version of DCS world we have.

On the one hand, I completely get what you mean. Except I think the list could be shorter. We have (medium) lifts covered on both sides. We don't really need heavy lifts. We don't really need scouts (at least, until DCS radically changes as the scouting mission really does not work too well in DCS currently). What we really need is a western (heavy) attack helo.

On the other hand, there is something to be said for wanting a particular aircraft because of some intrinsic appeal it has, even if its role is redundant. E.g., we have the Viggen. Yet, I would love to have an F-111 or an A-6. We have the Hornet. But my life would be incomplete if we didn't have the Tomcat. And I'm looking forward to the F-4 and F-8 as well. So, along these lines, I would love to see ANY Black Hawk variant. It's iconic to me as much as the Huey. And while we're at it: Chinook and MH-53. When it comes down to it, I'll take all the helos I can get!

• 6 months later...