UH-60 Blackhawk

Pilot909

I'd prefer an early model cobra (to support the busy) ,or if not that then a sea stallion(to fly off the Tarawa or SC), but I don't thing there's any helicopter I'd say no to

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Definitely the UH-60. What an upgrade from the Huey it would be! I have many hours in both and the difference is immense. Love both though. Plus you can have the special ops variant, naval variant and the air force one too.

+1

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

I understand that the uh-60 would be an upgrade from the busy, but I'm holding out for DCS:Vietnam where the early cobra would be useful alongside a busy.

Like I mentioned, the sea stallion is useful alongside current maritime assets.

I would just like DCS to flesh out certain theaters/time periods rather that rolling out new modules that are as coherent as a teenager with ADHD hopped up on Red Bull

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 1 month later...

Yeah. Im really really really hoping for a UH-60 variant. Its such an iconic helicopter, and just pure awesome to fly.

Oh how i remember BF2 days..

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

• 1 month later...
I was curious about the justification - what makes the H-60 a better battle platform than the Huey? or at least "a better platform to fly into combat".

The thing is, the Huey, even if it is an amazing bird to fly, is an old helicopter, used in old wars, like vietnam. We do not have vietnam maps. Our maps are either too modern, or too old (normandy, ww2).

So beside just fun, the Huey is not really into the era dcs maps are.

The UH60 is a modern helicopter, used today, so better in the era of the maps we have...

This is a bit like ww2 planes... look at the missions we have for those planes. Usually those are not war missions (especially before we got normandy maps), but more missions like a modern pilot flying an old plane for whatever reason.

So, the UH60 will fit better in DCS than the huey. Except of course if they do plan on making vietnam maps from the 60th...

Definitely yes to any new helicopters, but if we're getting an xH-60 type, I'd recommend an MH-60, as we could use it on the so-called "Super Carrier Module" that we're getting (ref).

That could be a good idea... though in fact any helicopter could land on a supercarrier :) This is not like a plane, a plane needs a hook, so any plane cannot land on a carrier. Helicopters can. So even the UH60 could be used from a carrier from gameplay point of view. The MH60 is great as well, any modern helicopter would fit me well :)

Edited by harf4ng

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

The thing is, the Huey, even if it is an amazing bird to fly, is an old helicopter, used in old wars, like vietnam. We do not have vietnam maps. Our maps are either too modern, or too old (normandy, ww2).

So beside just fun, the Huey is not really into the era dcs maps are.

The UH60 is a modern helicopter, used today, so better in the era of the maps we have...

This is a bit like ww2 planes... look at the missions we have for those planes. Usually those are not war missions (especially before we got normandy maps), but more missions like a modern pilot flying an old plane for whatever reason.

So, the UH60 will fit better in DCS than the huey. Except of course if they do plan on making vietnam maps from the 60th...

That could be a good idea... though in fact any helicopter could land on a supercarrier :) This is not like a plane, a plane needs a hook, so any plane cannot land on a carrier. Helicopters can. So even the UH60 could be used from a carrier from gameplay point of view. The MH60 is great as well, any modern helicopter would fit me well :)

i get the point your trying to make but the Uh1H variant in question is to new for vietnam anyways. Given the airframe is a post vietnam UH1H production version given it mounts for RWR sensors ( shame they didnt give it the actual APR 39 RWR), and post production modifications such as Radar altimeter, Night vision compatible cockpit, composite rotor blades, in addition to countermeasures suite firmly places the Uh1H into a 1980s setting at the very least, with said Huey's still flying actively into the 1st gulf war.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD