Pop-up point not switching to target point

mdee

Ran into this issue, wanted to confirm if it's me or a bug.

Flight plan: B1-B2, in NAV mode.

1. TAKT - IN - 9 - B2 (B2 --> M2)
  2. 3301 - B2 (created pop up point U2 10 km from the target approaching from south towards north)
  3. OUT - AKT/POS

Flying towards B1 > U2 (as expected) then nothing.. stays at U2. M2 never selected unless B2 pressed manually.

ANy ideas?

Edited by mdee

Ran into this issue, wanted to confirm if it's me or a bug.

Flight plan: B1-B2, in NAV mode.

1. TAKT - IN - 9 - B2 (B2 > M2)
  2. 3301 - B2 (created pop up point U2 10 km from the target approaching from south towards north)
  3. OUT - AKT/POS

Flying towards B1 > U2 (as expected) then nothing.. stays at U2. M2 never selected unless B2 pressed manually.

ANy ideas?

AFAIK you had to enter: 330100, .... was it?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

It seems I can confirm this bug. I personally fly the Viggen in Caucasus only, there I never experienced problems. Would it matter that you are flying in the Nevada map? You could try setting up a similar mission in the Caucasus and see if that works for you.

P.S.: Destroyed the TV tower anyway. :D

It seems I can confirm this bug. I personally fly the Viggen in Caucasus only, there I never experienced problems. Would it matter that you are flying in the Nevada map? You could try setting up a similar mission in the Caucasus and see if that works for you.

P.S.: Destroyed the TV tower anyway. :D

Thanks for trying, much appreciated.

Nice! The programming was really bad quality, they don't make shows like in 90's anymore ;)

I'll try Caucasus,

Edited by mdee

Same deal on Caucasus. 3491 popup (also tried 349100).

*Ok, I can't quite wrap my head around it, but here are my observations:

1. In the mission the distance between B1 and B2 is just about 10 km, so a pop-up distance of 10 km won't work (you'd have to instantly jump to a different location). But forget this, if you do 349050, it doesn't work either.

2. Well, doesn't work ... What I have seen is that the switching logic seems ok, but the commanded azimuth does,, not bring you to the correct point. So if you input 349050, the azimuth of the target is not 349o if the distance if 5 km. As a result you don't switch to M2 when you would expect it. However if you keep following the commanded azimuth, then you usually do switch to M2. But you're basically circling back to the target location (it's kind of hilarious).

3. For some combinations of pop-up distance and heading I do get good results, but I can't explain why yet. I seems related to the commanded azimuth. When you hit waypoint B1 and the commanded azimuth is way off your current azimuth, then it is impossible to adhere to the commanded azimuth. As a result you end up in the wrong place. Well, that my hypothesis so far.

If you use 340050 at B3 in the attached mission, you'll find it is succesful. Also with 270070, but in that case you see the distance indicator hit 7 km, then it decreases, increases and when it hits 7 km again you get the switch (and correct azimuth).

It is probably related to a recent fix, see:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222415

There is a "lenient" switching logic from pop up point to target point where it only needed to be closer to the target than the popup point. I probably at one point figured it would be better to have it this way since you'd dont want to be chasing the popup point when in high speed ingress to the target. I guess this confuses people who want to have the pop up point on the other side of the target, so I changed it now to be like any ordinary waypoint switching (<3km and +/- 90 degrees). I am not sure this is the problem you are having rainyday, maybe you could provide a track?

I can confirm chasing the pop-up point ...

M05 - SB71 LD DYK PRECISION.miz

Corvinus - thanks for looking into this.

#1 I may be getting something wrong but IMO any value should work. B2 is M2 and works like reverse bullseye and U2 is a bullseye - so distance/heading to M2 should work no matter how far/close the waypoints are. IMO. I recall I've tried different distances (~7km) and going straight to U2 from B0 and switch still didn't happen.

The switching sequence - B0 (start), B1 -> U2 -> M2. In my Nevada mission I am guided correctly for about 10 km to U2. But then circling begins with no switch.

#2 yeah, observed that too

Overall it feels very unpredictable. I'd not use it in combat ;)

Edited by mdee

I got the same problem. HUD directs me to pop up point (U5) nicely - but does not switch to next waypoint (M5) automatically.

I was flying around in Nevada. And it also seemed that even if I changed the waypoint manually to Target Point, HUD was still trying to direct me to the Pop up point. The yellow bracket in the compass was showing the right direction to the target point, though. Will test some more, I was busy evading SAM's & enemy Migs so I might be wrong on that last one...

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Not sure how it is intended to work but in my case I use Nav mode to find the popup point since in ANF the Hud is directing me to M2 instead of U2 (even if U2 is shown). When reaching the popup point I switch to Anf manually and can bring my mark on the target under the ring and bomb. It's my current method cause it isn't working like in Chucks guide.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure how it is intended to work but in my case I use Nav mode to find the popup point since in ANF the Hud is directing me to M2 instead of U2 (even if U2 is shown). When reaching the popup point I switch to Anf manually and can bring my mark on the target under the ring and bomb. It's my current method cause it isn't working like in Chucks guide.

Being in NAV is the correct approach. The problem here is that in some cases you never reach the pop-up point, i.e. the steering directions do not bring you to the desired distance and heading. As a result there is no switching.

Switching to ANF manually when you are close to the popup point (either in range or bearing) sounds like a good workaround. Currently I'm not using the popup points anymore, I'm just winging it. :pilotfly:

It made it in todays patch! Many thanks Heatblur!!! :thumbup:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately still not working. Repro described in 1st post. I'll do more testing and update.

Could you post a track please? Because it's working fine for me. (see below and please ignore my incompetence at bombing)

AJS bombing plan.trk

Edited by FSKRipper
typo error

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could you post a track please? Because it's working fine for me. (see below and please ignore my incompetence at bombing)

Seems that I have to correct myself. The result is not consistant. You can find a track attached in which I pass the popup point without the switch from U2 to M2 (maybe some meters too far from the point??). After turning around and hitting U2 again it switches to M2 as intended.

I got it working 3 out of 5 times to this point.

AJS bombing plan new.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Ragnar, keeping my fingers crossed for the next patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]