Landing at extremely bad weather conditions

VDV

I dont have any problems with CASE I, II and III. But when im trying to land at extremely bad weather (fog, storm, etc.) and when vision is zero, I cant set a right BRC to carrier's runway. I found that its almost imossible to find the right course in final bearing.

Maybe answer will be when we get ACLS?

Isn't BRC given by the boat in RL and then the final heading is BRC -9 degrees?

What do you mean by this: " I cant set a right BRC to carrier's runway"?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I mean when i call carrier's ATC to ask permission for landing, it says for example ".....runway 36". That means runway of carrier should be at course 360. But when Im close enought to carrier, its runway is not at 360. ATC never says the right landing course. Maybe i need to correct that course (360) somewhow?

And what mean "RL"?

Edited by VDV

When Carrier ATC says in your example 36 the BRC is 360. The landing path as you may know is not straight the BRC. Like above it is - 9deg.

In this case the final course should be 351.

Did you try With ICLS? That of course will work even if the you set CSEL to BRC 360.

Edited by Rescue

misleader ATC about heading of the ship

The ATC runway declaration is only accidentally matching with reality.

The bug is reported february, since then ED in deep silence:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201558&highlight=heading

(in RL=IRL=in real life)

attachment.php?attachmentid=194406&d=1537610669

Edited by discwalker

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

@Rescue, In my attached image above:

"Enfield 1-1, Ship, fly heading 40 for 11, QFE 29.93, runway 09, to pattern altitude"

The ATC of the SHIP never speaking about BRC.

While the BRC is 270 degrees in that simulation.

For knowing the BRC you need assistance from F9 or F10 view or from buddies with F9 or F10 view.

Edited by discwalker

ATC for case 3 is being worked on discwalker.

You will be given final bearing and approach time only, once the ATC is done.

See this chart https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216331

For now go off this chart and offset yourself using TACAN see video below.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

The ATC runway declaration is only accidentally matching with reality.

The bug is reported february, since then ED in deep silence:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=201558&highlight=heading

Interesting. I did not know that. I recognized it several times but the most time I had known the BRC because of ME or the ship was moving anyway in MP or even Tacan was broken.

"The ATC of the SHIP never speaking about BRC."

I thought - like the airport - the runway XX telling you which course the ship is but can't degrade to the FB. Like I said in ME I often heard runway 00. And the ship was placed 00, so I just typed 351 CSEL and never saw that as a Bug. :music_whistling:

Thanks for clearing this up. :joystick:

But back to topic: I found the Chart very helpful even if I'm not playing that hard realism to follow that pattern (ATM).

With the known FB set in CSEL and working TACAN and ICLS, I never had a problem with Case 3. (Just missing skill)

:book:

LOL

ATC for case 3 is being worked on discwalker.

You will be given final bearing and approach time only, once the ATC is done.

See this chart https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216331

For now go off this chart and offset yourself using TACAN see video below.

This chart and video is unusable without the vital information of BRC.

Information is missing, David OC!

I not see any improvement in ATC since 2015.

ATC is like in LOMAC times, but not match to actual design criterias.

Please try a carrier landing at night on a BuddySpike Blue Flag server, where F10 map shows only you, and no ouside views are available.

Can we get the BRC as a hotfix?! Or should we eject with the F/A-18C and Su-33 when all fuel is consumed?

The problem is because sometime ATC says "...runway 32" (which should means course 320), but its not correct, because the real course is actually 032...

And you just cant find the difference without looking F10 map.

In real life, during Case 1, you'll just fly over the boat to determine BRC, and input that in the system so that you will have a reference for your downwind heading. For Case 3, in the initial marshal instructions, the ship will issue EFB or Expected Final Bearing and update it if and when final bearing changes.

The carrier Comms are still a work in process.

For what it is worth until ED releases the new carrier ATC I am including BRC as part of my mission briefing and keeping Stennis sail just ahead. It works fine with missions I make, coz they last only around an hour or so.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I can't recall if the ATC is giving the True bearing or Magnetic Bearings when calling out the ships bearing. You may have to take that into account when looking at the F10 map

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

https://www.cag-51.org/contact

I hope we will have a more realistic ATC comms in next updates. This will solve that issue.

We will and for now, since u need information from f10 or f9 , you have to use that :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]