[ART] EP13 Brightness/Contrast Controls Missing

SGT Coyle

Despite binding keyboard controls for EP13 Brightness and Contrast, I was having a great deal of trouble determining weather there was any response to my commands. The sight did not seem to lighten or darken, nor increase or decrease contrast. I looked for control knobs in cockpit to see if my key bindings were in fact turning cockpit controls and was astonished to find that the controls were not present in the cockpit model.

So, Problem:

1. EP13 Contrast controls have no effect.
  2. EP13 Brightness controls have no effect.
  3. EP13 Brightness and Contrast controls not modeled in cockpit(illustrated in attachments).
  4. AO/A1/A2 Have no effect. The sight is always white on black (Thanks mdee).

391923660_EP13Brightness-Contrast.png.851105cb9e1634bfbd733b1e6570818c.png

1233616444_EP13location.png.927d6b35f2ae13cc007e7c20952a17a3.png

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Despite binding keyboard controls for EP13 Brightness and Contrast, I was having a great deal of trouble determining weather there was any response to my commands. The sight did not seem to lighten or darken, nor increase or decrease contrast. I looked for control knobs in cockpit to see if my key bindings were in fact turning cockpit controls and was astonished to find that the controls were not present in the cockpit model.

So, Problem:

3. EP13 Brightness and Contrast controls not modeled in cockpit(illustrated in attachments).

Been posted about many times over the last year or so. Cobra has stated that it will be implemented soon.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 1 month later...

I know this has been dead a little bit - but I am not able to even keyboard command the A0/1/2 changes which would help immeasurably! I've not been following these developments so I am just trying to figure out if the functionality entirely doesn't exist or if just the actual cockpit switches don't command the change?

Thanks!

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

I got black on white, and white on black. Awesome.

Everything seems to be working for me.

procedure:

1. Weapon select RB-75
  2. Radar Nav
  3. Unsafe Safety switch
  4. A0 Black on Whits, A1 White on Black, A2 Auto
  5. Slew EP-13 retical while holding fix trigger to 1st detent
  6. Lock target with fix trigger to TV
  7. Fire and return Safety switch to safe before attempting next lock

Hope that helps.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I got black on white, and white on black. Awesome.

Everything seems to be working for me.

procedure:

1. Weapon select RB-75
  2. Radar Nav
  3. Unsafe Safety switch
  4. A0 Black on Whits, A1 White on Black, A2 Auto
  5. Slew EP-13 retical while holding fix trigger to 1st detent
  6. Lock target with fix trigger to TV
  7. Fire and return Safety switch to safe before attempting next lock

Hope that helps.

How are you changing the A0/1/2? When I change them using the binds for the radar A0/1/2 they don't change the EP13. Is there a separate key bind specifically for the EP13 A0/1/2?

That's the only issue I have with it, EP13 works (black on white) and I can deploy the RB75 with no issues (other than I am REALLY bad at aiming the aircraft AND the EP13).

---

How are you changing the A0/1/2? When I change them using the binds for the radar A0/1/2 they don't change the EP13. Is there a separate key bind specifically for the EP13 A0/1/2?

That's the only issue I have with it, EP13 works (black on white) and I can deploy the RB75 with no issues (other than I am REALLY bad at aiming the aircraft AND the EP13).

What are you expecting to change on the EP13 with A0/1/2?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

It's page 319 of the manual:

Locking and slewing the missiles seeker is done with radar control stick. The radar mode selector (A0, A1, and A2) will select different contrast modes. The movement of the radar stick itself is used to slew the missile once unlocked and slewable (fix trigger = T1).

A0: Black on white.

A1: White on black.

A2: Automatic selection.

The fix trigger will select the lock mode.

T0: Missile boresighted.

T1 (first detent): Missile seeker slewable.

TV (Second detent): Missile lock.

The contrast and brightness of the sight can be adjusted on the dials on the left vertical side panel labelled EP13 KONTAST (contrast) and LJUS (brightness).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

It's page 319 of the manual:

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what is being asked here. What does this have to do with brightness/contrast on the EP13?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what is being asked here. What does this have to do with brightness/contrast on the EP13?

#4 on OP

AO/A1/A2 Have no effect. The sight is always white on black (Thanks mdee).

Still wrong.

Acording to page 319 of the manual:

Locking and slewing the missiles seeker is done with radar control stick. The radar mode selector (A0, A1, and A2) will select different contrast modes. The movement of the radar stick itself is used to slew the missile once unlocked and slewable (fix trigger = T1).

A0: Black on white.

A1: White on black.

A2: Automatic selection.

As it coded now:

A0: White on Black

A1: White on Black

A2: Black on White

1st of all the order operation is reversed. WoB>BoW instead of BoW>WoB. The automatic mode seemingly has no function.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Sorry, but unless I'm being really slow here, this has got nothing to do with the thread title, i.e. 'EP13 Brightness/Contrast Controls Missing'.

A0: White on Black

A1: White on Black

A2: Black on White

The radar mode selector (A0, A1, and A2) will select different contrast modes. (P319 of Manual)

---

If this helps anyone, I posted about all this here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227397

Right - that contributed little to the discussion - as we already know it's backwards. The problem I am having is that A0, A1, A2 key bindings don't change the EP13 site, but they DO change the radar.

I would be fine if they were backwards - but I am perpetually in black on white.

---

Right - that contributed little to the discussion - as we already know it's backwards. The problem I am having is that A0, A1, A2 key bindings don't change the EP13 site, but they DO change the radar.

I would be fine if they were backwards - but I am perpetually in black on white.

Firstly, please stop highjacking this thread. This is about the missing brightness/contrast control, not the function of A0, A1 and A2. A thread for your issue was moved to https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227397.

Secondly, I have posted what I see on that thread. Seems OK to me. Please respond there.

So, Problem:

Firstly, please stop highjacking this thread. This is about the missing brightness/contrast control, not the function of A0, A1 and A2. A thread for your issue was moved to https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227397.

Secondly, I have posted what I see on that thread. Seems OK to me. Please respond there.

I didn't high jack the thread - it was in OP from the get go as #4, and in general the whole discussion was of controls that don't work for the EP13. SGT Coyle's other post is about the controls being backwards which is NOT the issue I am reporting at all: the issue I have is the controls don't function at all. Given that other people have been able to get them to work (though backwards from documentation) and there are multiple bindings to those controls; the last question I had asked on the topic was what exactly had people bound for A0/1/2 so I could see why it wasn't working on my pc. My A0/1/2 do function the radar - so the keybindings work, but they don't change the EP13 for me at all. I stay in black on white no matter what. Now I am doing a clean install today so hopefully something changes in that regard but the HOTAS and Keyboard bindings I have for the modes don't change the mode which is both the original issue in this thread and an ongoing issue I have.

Thank you.

---

I didn't high jack the thread - it was in OP from the get go as #4, and in general the whole discussion was of controls that don't work for the EP13. SGT Coyle's other post is about the controls being backwards which is NOT the issue I am reporting at all: the issue I have is the controls don't function at all. Given that other people have been able to get them to work (though backwards from documentation) and there are multiple bindings to those controls; the last question I had asked on the topic was what exactly had people bound for A0/1/2 so I could see why it wasn't working on my pc. My A0/1/2 do function the radar - so the keybindings work, but they don't change the EP13 for me at all. I stay in black on white no matter what. Now I am doing a clean install today so hopefully something changes in that regard but the HOTAS and Keyboard bindings I have for the modes don't change the mode which is both the original issue in this thread and an ongoing issue I have.

Thank you.

See the title of the thread!

However, I have no idea why this is not working for you. On the EP13, A1/A2 work for me as do the HOTAS bindings for brightness/contrast.

I hope your reinstall works!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...