Ships attacked without effect

Ragnar65

Guys,

inspired from Grim Reapers fleetattack, I have built a nice little mission with few Russian ships docked in a harbor, which I could attack.

The first ship was hit by 2 FAB500, the second got a full salvo of rockets, both were hit right midships. But when flying over after the attack run there was no visible effect on both. Man. i tell ´ya, a carrier hit by 2 FAB500 right on the middle of the flightdeck must have taken serious damage, doesn´t it?

In debriefing the stats show that both ships were hit, but i received no points for that...

Well, the ships were no static objects, they were new ship groups...

Any ideas?

Stefan

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Yeah, that which is painfully obvious : the damage models on ground units are simplified hitpoint bars, as is well known. They do not have damage states, it is dead or alive. Two bombs is not enough, all there is to it.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Don't know about the Russian ships , but US fleet carriers have had armored flight decks post WW2 , and the British well before that .

As the Fab500 has only a nose fuse , it might not have enough penetrative power to do the job ??

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Guys,

inspired from Grim Reapers fleetattack, I have built a nice little mission with few Russian ships docked in a harbor, which I could attack.

The first ship was hit by 2 FAB500, the second got a full salvo of rockets, both were hit right midships. But when flying over after the attack run there was no visible effect on both. Man. i tell ´ya, a carrier hit by 2 FAB500 right on the middle of the flightdeck must have taken serious damage, doesn´t it?

In debriefing the stats show that both ships were hit, but i received no points for that...

Well, the ships were no static objects, they were new ship groups...

Any ideas?

Stefan

Only a few ships have a working damage model. The rest just have HP.

Until ED improves the 3d models and their damage model, there won't be an improvement.

Thanx guys,

it´s a mess that ships don´t show any damage effects... But now I haven´t to wonder anymore... ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit