KA50 lock problem

DTS_Maton

We all suffer from it. Been reported many times already. If it's midday time and sunny, your shkval should be fine. Other than that, it's almost hopeless.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I don, t think that it is for me

I tested it with a complete black T90 at 4 km

An almost black white contrast

The lock rule is red i did not highlight it this way

When i press enter in the key bindings it will not jump to lock

I had no problems 2 weeks ago before i updated

So i suspect this has something to do with it ????

I've noticed that when the binding is highlighted it doesn't matter what button you put in there it will not work. I had to delete the bindings file and redo all of my bindings in order to get it to work. I hope you find a method other than deleting your bindings file, but I tried several ways and didn't have any luck. I had to do it twice (once before the hotfix and then again after the hotfix.

The lock range is dependent only on the time of day and (possibly) the weather conditions. It does not do real contrast detection like on the real aircraft. At noon in clear weather, it's possible to lock out to 7-8km, but around dawn and dusk, it drops to around 3-4 km. At night you'd be lucky to lock anything up beyond 1-2km, if even that. The Shkval's been this way since the aircraft was released back in 2002, but I suspect that the move to 2.5 reduced the ranges a bit, hence why people are noticing it more nowadays.

It's not you only, and it's not just the lock. There are other problems as well ( like the autopilot button lights are screwed up ).

I think there are also problems in the A-10. ED needs to come back to these modules and fix the known bugs in them.

And yeah, the lock bug is REALLY annoying. Especially against enemy helicopters when you need to lock them up and shoot, before they can shoot at you. It doesn't matter how much faster speed the Vhiker is, if you can't launch it!

ED needs to completely redo the system so that it is based on contrast. It's RIDICULOUS that you can't lock up a black helicopter against an almost white sky!

there is just one Enter in the ins collective stick or any where else in the ka50 binding!:helpsmilie:

Just clear all the bindings in-game for target lock, then re-bind it. Your screenshot is for the default controls, which has nothing to do with what's currently bound (that file doesn't get modified when you bind controls).