X-52 Pro only works from a shut-down PC

Hi

I have an issue with my X-52 Pro stick that I suspect is indicative of other problems in the PC setup.

The stick will only work if I plug it in from a shut-down PC. From this state, it works perfectly and I am very happy with it. If I try plugging it in with the PC running then it will essentially lock up the PC. It was the devil's own job trying to get the stick to work at all when I first upgraded my PC (it worked fine beforehand).

Recently I had my TPCast unit replaced under warranty and that was a nightmare to get working (it worked straightaway before) and I have now found that the only way to get it working is to shut down the PC, turn the TPCast unit and router etc. on then fire up the PC.

These solutions work, but it makes me wonder if there is an issue with my USB set-up (IRQ problems or similar). It seems that if the USB device is there when the PC starts then it takes them into account but has a panic if they are plugged in hot.

Has anyone encountered a similar thing, or have any idea what might be causing this? If there is a deeper problem, solving may save me grief in the future.

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

?? Can you not leave everything plugged in ? It is better for the pc , and better for the peripherals to do so . If there is a usb power problem , you may wish to consider a powered usb hub , and avoid all that plugging , replugging wear and tear , as well as consequent headaches should you forget to plugin on bootup . If you still cannot leave everything plugged in , THEN worry about IRQ .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I don't really have room to leave it plugged in all the time, besides it messes with my VR controllers when I'm playing games that require them.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

Ah. Sorry, I'm using Win 7. Is this likely to be the same?

No, there is a special security feature in Windows 10 that prevents 3rd party drivers from working correctly. X-52 pro works fine on Windows 7 here.

Check your BIOS that you have enabled "Legacy USB devices"

Seems I remember that the X52 pro SST software must load for the stick to work , and must load on bootup . At least on my systems . I used it on both a win 10 PC , and a Win 7 laptop before replacing it about a year ago . I don't recall it locking either , though . What upgrade did you make to the PC when the problems started ?

PS : I recall also that the Saitek does not like USB 3.0 . Try a 2.0 port if available .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hi

I checked BIOS and the legacy support is enabled.

I did a pretty big upgrade to get my PC VR-ready - I changed from an AMD processor to an Intel one (with associated mobo), I also upgraded RAM, graphics card, and put in an SSD.

Most of my USB ports are USB 2.0 and the one that I use for it now is USB 2.0.

I have a MadCatz mouse (so, basically Saitek) and trying to get that and the joystick working at all at the same time was a very frustrating and lengthy process. In the end, the only way I could make it so that the joystick worked and the mouse didn't keep locking up at random after a few minutes use was to part install the X-52 drivers and part use the generic HID drivers. I tried, I think, every other combination at the time.

I was just curious if there was some other element that I had missed. I have no intention of uninstalling the drivers and starting the whole tedious process again (the thought of that much stress makes me feel physically queasy) but I was hoping that someone might point out an issue that would explain the stick, the mouse, and the fact that my TPCast also seems to need to be plugged in on startup to work.

I said, during the two days it took me to get the TPCast working, that if it required me to stand on one leg, blindfold, singing the national anthem backwards to make it work, that's what I would do. The actual process is somewhat less dramatic than that but it would be nice if there was a simple explanation that would make the whole thing run as I feel that it should.

Cheers!

CptT