Button Box question

Windows , and therefore DCS , should see this as a usb controller just like any other-including axes .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I use one of these. Very versatile, particularly if you're familiar with the use of DCS "switches". For example, with those six rotary encoders, I can manage every radio in the Huey and Mi8. Good investment for me.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

....particularly if you're familiar with the use of DCS "switches".

Can you elaborate on this? I'm looking to buy it for the exact same reason - tuning radios etc - but I'm not familiar with the 'switches' bit. Are you referring to scripting or something like that?

If those are rotary encoders , OP should know they are NOT axes

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Sniped...

A "Switch" in DCS is a variant of a "Modifier". Basically a key input which, when used will change the function of a button or encoder input. So, 3 different Switches allows for 3 different functions for the same button.

And yes, those rotary knobs are not axes. Each click of the knob while rotating will elicit the same button input.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

And yes, those rotary knobs are not axes. Each click of the knob while rotating will elicit the same button input.

Hopefully they are able to send two different buttons depending on the direction of the rotation?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

For the radio's, you should check out the Saitek gear.

Although not natively supported in DCS,

With the excellent Flight Panels software,

You can not only tune the channels, but have the radio display show the frequency!

All the Saitek panels are supported.

And members have submitted pre-made control set-ups to make it easier.

Hopefully they are able to send two different buttons depending on the direction of the rotation?

All rotary encoders should work this way for CW and CCW directions.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."