JOY_BTN_POV1 xx copied across

I just completed a full reinstall of window and reloaded DCS.

Wanted to give the basic World a quick test before installing the multitude of modules again. Plugged in the TM Warthog, cougar panels etc and find that the buttons copy across. I haven't installed the drivers yet. Under win10 I don't thing that is needed anymore.

Is there a way to prevent this/quick work around/any upload good default settings? I have a cockpit full of modules to load up and don't want to go into each one and clear it up.

Honestly, I thought this might have been fix since I last use this in 2014... I can't really recall the hacks and whatnot from then.

lXiOdLQ.png

Jane's ATF Gold (1997), DCS World A-10C

M5A99Xevo, SAPPHIRE HD-7770-OC, AMD FX-6100, 8GB RAM, WIN7-64

TM HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR5, Sennheiser PC363D, MFD Cougar Pack, Samsung UHD U28D590D and Local Craft Beer

You can make them empty by clicking a box in each column (device) and the button "clear category". You may or may not want to do this for the keyboard. It will clear all binds for that device and that category (currently: all). You'll also have to do it for the axes which aren't included under all. That's 5 clears for device buttons, and 5 clears for device axes.

If you wanted to preserve your diff.lua controls then you may have had to do that before uninstalling DCSW previously. Maybe they are still there and able to be loaded. They would be in \Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\TF-51D\joystick\

I have some diff.luas for certain modules but they're designed to pair with TARGET scripts. You're welcome to those if you want.

These multiple default bindings are caused by lines of code in "default.lua" which contain the "combos" statement. Examples:

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN_POV1_L'}}, pressed = iCommandViewLeftSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Left slow'), category = _('View')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN_POV1_R'}}, pressed = iCommandViewRightSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Right slow'), category = _('View')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN_POV1_U'}}, pressed = iCommandViewUpSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Up slow'), category = _('View')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN_POV1_D'}}, pressed = iCommandViewDownSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Down slow'), category = _('View')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN_POV1_UR'}}, pressed = iCommandViewUpRightSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Up Right slow'), category = _('View')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN_POV1_DR'}}, pressed = iCommandViewDownRightSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Down Right slow'), category = _('View')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN_POV1_DL'}}, pressed = iCommandViewDownLeftSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Down Left slow'), category = _('View')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN_POV1_UL'}}, pressed = iCommandViewUpLeftSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Up Left slow'), category = _('View')},
{pressed = iCommandViewCenter, name = _('View Center'), category = _('View')},

Some airplanes also have combos statements for common commands like "Fire Gun". To get rid of all these default bindings you can open the "default.lua" using Notepad++ and delete the combos statements (from the word "combos" up to and including the first comma) from those lines. The above lines then look like this:

{pressed = iCommandViewLeftSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Left slow'), category = _('View')},
{pressed = iCommandViewRightSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Right slow'), category = _('View')},
{pressed = iCommandViewUpSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Up slow'), category = _('View')},
{pressed = iCommandViewDownSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Down slow'), category = _('View')},
{pressed = iCommandViewUpRightSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Up Right slow'), category = _('View')},
{pressed = iCommandViewDownRightSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Down Right slow'), category = _('View')},
{pressed = iCommandViewDownLeftSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Down Left slow'), category = _('View')},
{pressed = iCommandViewUpLeftSlow, up = iCommandViewStopSlow, name = _('View Up Left slow'), category = _('View')},

The same applies to the axis commands which generally have these lines:

{combos = defaultDeviceAssignmentFor("roll")    , action = iCommandPlaneRoll, name = _('Roll')},
{combos = defaultDeviceAssignmentFor("pitch")    , action = iCommandPlanePitch, name = _('Pitch')},
{combos = defaultDeviceAssignmentFor("rudder")    ,  action = iCommandPlaneRudder, name = _('Rudder')},
{combos = defaultDeviceAssignmentFor("thrust")    ,action = device_commands.Button_25, cockpit_device_id  = devices.ENGINE_SYSTEM, name = _('Throttle')},

After the clean-up, they look like this:

{action = iCommandPlaneRoll, name = _('Roll')},
{action = iCommandPlanePitch, name = _('Pitch')},
{action = iCommandPlaneRudder, name = _('Rudder')},
{action = device_commands.Button_25, cockpit_device_id  = devices.ENGINE_SYSTEM, name = _('Throttle')},

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

DCS controls automatically set basic controls - aileron, elevator, rudder, throttle, camera control, buttons for all USB controllers plugged in your computer, no matter if is just an rudder pedal with 1 axis only (e.g. VKB T-Rudder).

This "auto assignment feature" ending more hinder that help. Use the button "Clear category" for undesired assignments.

...Use the button "Clear category" for undesired assignments.

That's certainly the easiest solution if you have not yet created bindings for the respective controller. But if you have already created bindings yourself, these will be deleted as well. The approach via deleting the "combo" statements will not do that. It will only delete the default bindings for the selected command, across all game controllers. So what works best depends on your situation.

PS:

The most troublesome (because there are many) default bindings are the ones for the POV hats that are systematically bound to View commands. If you don't need the View commands because you use TrackIR or whatever, you can simply comment these code lines out by inserting a "--" (double-minus) at their beginning, or simply delete them. That's what I will do if and when I buy a new module.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5