Where is current Waypoint dispalayed?

DmitriKozlowsky

For the time being you'll need to watch the HSI/distance reading as you flick through waypoints.

Wag's has said that WP numbers will be added to the HUD in a future update. I don't know if they'll also animate the navigation console.

Where did Wags say this ?

Basic Nav system in stock 9.12/9.13 Fulcrum allows the pilot to Nav to 3 Wypts and 3 Airfields that are remotely programmed into the Nav computer by an interface box in an equipment bay outside the aeroplane. The pilot then uses 6 push buttons om the Nav control panel to select the reference Waypoint or airfield he wants steering to.

In terms of radio Nav he can select using the RSBN system (Like TACAN) any desired channel and get range and bearing to the selected RSBN staion (we cant do this in DCS). He can also use the ADF to select any of 8 NDBS again remotely coded (same system as in the YAK52) again we cant use this in DCS.

Obviously later mod variants have more sophisticated RNAV systems.

Basic Nav system in stock 9.12/9.13 Fulcrum allows the pilot to Nav to 3 Wypts and 3 Airfields that are remotely programmed into the Nav computer by an interface box in an equipment bay outside the aeroplane. The pilot then uses 6 push buttons om the Nav control panel to select the reference Waypoint or airfield he wants steering to.

This sounds similar to the system in our Su-25A.

Hmm, adding it to the HUD is a bit lazy. I'd prefer the animated buttons like on the Su-25T even if it would mean less waypoints to be available.

They could have reworked the whole system and e.g. limit the programmed airport list you toggle through to 3 and the list of waypoints to 3 as in the real thing (not sure how many can e.g. the Su-27 NAV system support). Then you would assign the airports in the mission editor and perhaps you would have some kneeboard page to list the assigned airports so you know which one is selected.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Hmm, adding it to the HUD is a bit lazy. I'd prefer the animated buttons like on the Su-25T even if it would mean less waypoints to be available.

They could have reworked the whole system and e.g. limit the programmed airport list you toggle through to 3 and the list of waypoints to 3 as in the real thing (not sure how many can e.g. the Su-27 NAV system support). Then you would assign the airports in the mission editor and perhaps you would have some kneeboard page to list the assigned airports so you know which one is selected.

The WP buttons are animated and lighted up, just not yet implemented so I am certain thats a feature yet to be added.

+1

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

+1 for working NAV/WYPT buttons but cutting the available waypoints to just 3 would break all previous missions nav wise and deciding which 3 airbases are to be set before flight would require some additional system/menu. Maybe at the rearm/refuel page?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

I was suggesting that the players should be able to draw/add waypoints on the F10 with the engines off. Then when the aircraft is started that would be loaded into the INS.

This could solve a lot of MP navigation issues and break of immersion.

I am hoping that a lot of WP loading on F10 map is already done in CA so I don't think it would take a lot of resources to add to FC4 nav systems.

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Chizh explained several times that there are no plans to have more functionality/animations in the cockpit as they currently are... only possible upgrade from what we currently have is if there is decided that we get a FF module (which we wont for a time to come) :/

Chizh explained several times that there are no plans to have more functionality/animations in the cockpit as they currently are... only possible upgrade from what we currently have is if there is decided that we get a FF module (which we wont for a time to come) :/

This is not necessarily a matter of added functionality - see Su-25T - nor is it a matter of added animation. As shown in the demo model viewer, the animation is already done it just has to enabled and the module is in EA state AFAIK

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

The WP buttons are animated and lighted up, just not yet implemented so I am certain thats a feature yet to be added.

Interesting. Most of the switches are not activated so I'm not sure what to make of that. If they wanted to add this, they wouldn't say that they will put it on HUD. And if they planned to do a full module, I'd expect most of the switches to be animated.

Could it be like a new MAC feature? Like, FC3 functionality, but switches matching certain key controls would also get animated?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

+1 for working NAV/WYPT buttons but cutting the available waypoints to just 3 would break all previous missions nav wise and deciding which 3 airbases are to be set before flight would require some additional system/menu. Maybe at the rearm/refuel page?

There could be a new tab in the mission editor for the airports or perhaps on the kneeboard page if that's required for MP sessions.

Perhaps you're right and hard-limiting the waypoints to three would be too much.

They could use the similar approach as for the Su-25T - the buttons for waypoints are animated (like, 3 of them), but if you use more, you won't have the visual indicator for them. So, the missions won't be broken, but you would be enticed to use the realistic number in the future.