Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Flаnker

Hello. I want to buy Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS FLIGHT PACK. My Logitech G940 is dying:( I want to know your opinion about this joystick. What are its advantages and disadvantages? What do you think should buy it or wait for the announcements of other joysticks (in the price range up to 300 US dollars)?

Thank!

Edited by Flаnker

Its cheap, has a lot of buttons, looks cool. Joystick works well, very accurate. Throttle is not good initially, depending on luck. The chief mechanism that is the slider instead of a lever, makes it grind and wobble at some points. Not noticeable if doing large power changes, but very annoying if doing small ones. Also the throttle body is too light, will move across the table. Both things have an easy solution:Sensitivity adjust + Nyogel to lube and superglue some weights to the base/add screws.

This is worth $100-120 definitely. I like it a lot more than saiteks. But for $300 I would probably buy a better throttle and stick combo, perhaps used warhog throttle and a T.16000M stick.

Its cheap, has a lot of buttons, looks cool. Joystick works well, very accurate. Throttle is not good initially, depending on luck. The chief mechanism that is the slider instead of a lever, makes it grind and wobble at some points. Not noticeable if doing large power changes, but very annoying if doing small ones. Also the throttle body is too light, will move across the table. Both things have an easy solution:Sensitivity adjust + Nyogel to lube and superglue some weights to the base/add screws.

Thank!

This is worth $100-120 definitely. I like it a lot more than saiteks. But for $300 I would probably buy a better throttle and stick combo, perhaps used warhog throttle and a T.16000M stick.

$ 300 is the budget for all components (throttle, stick, pedals).:(

Hello. I want to buy Thrustmaster FLIGHT PACK. My Logitech G940 is dying:( I want to know your opinion about this joystick. What are its advantages and disadvantages? What do you think should buy it or wait for the announcements of other joysticks (in the price range up to 300 US dollars)?

Thank!

Hello,

Bought my T.16000M FCS and TWCS Throttle less than 10 days ago.

First impressions very good.

This set spiked my interest, amongst several reasons because of the joystick's HALL effect.

(Anything that so much promises to have better durability than the regular potentiometers will have my interest.)

Both the stick and the throttle look and feel reasonably well built, however looking with more atenttion, there are some minor quirks, which may or may not be important.

PROS:

- HALL effect technology - very precise stick, no dead zone adjusts needed so far;

- 12 buttons at stick base (use them for secondary functions - lights, engine, electrical, gear, flaps, etc.)

- plug and play, no need for calibration so far;

- the Throttle has 3 HAT switches, rudder handle, rotating wheel, analog mini-stick, and some more buttons - very good aproach to HOTAS concept... at least compared to T-Flight HOTAS and such;

- the Throttle slider tension can be adjusted by a screw in the base;

CONS:

- some buttons and HATs come with noticeable play / wobbling :

- stick's HAT and top 3 buttons;

- some of the throttle's HATs have more pronounced play / wobbling than the others, etc.

(I do know this is sort of nitpicking, but in a brand new throtlle I would expect some more finishing quality.)

- other units don't have so much play / wobbling at all, so quality control seems vary a bit;

- many people cricticize some of the buttons on the stick base being somewhat out of reach... not for me, as I only use them for seconday fucntions;

- the throttle slider could have a more sleek movement.

Concluding, seems well built in general.

Costed me 125 euro, if both stick and throttle last some good years, I'll consider it a good product.

edit:

Flying my MiG-29, thanks to my new T.16000M stick, many F-5, F-14, F-15, F/A-18, have been fried (guns only) ... and FLANKERS too. :D

About the Mirage 2000-5... that's an humiliat... that's a matter for another day.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I was really impressed with the T.16000M stick, very accurate and feels/looks good. The throtlle not so much, like I said, except after applying nyogel. This miracle lube made it 100x better. Still, I would recommend a used warthog throttle (probably $260ish) and the T.16000 for now perhaps. I find cheap rudders are not necessary for most uses, depending on what I fly I barely touch it. The T.16000M has the twist rudder you can use in the mean time. The warthog is a solid investment if you are very into it, and the stick is enough I feel, both could run close to your budget. Then theres blackfriday, perhaps some deals arriving soon?

Not sure if I can post ebay buy links but just saw a throttle for $245 buy now listed as new. Seller is ayonke.

Good luck, you cant go wrong either way to have fun.

Edited by joca133

Bought my T.16000M FCS and TWCS Throttle less than 10 days ago.

First impressions very good.

Thanks!

- some buttons and HATs come with noticeable play / wobbling :

- some of the throttle's HATs have more pronounced play / wobbling than the others, etc.

(I do know this is sort of nitpicking, but in a brand new throtlle I would expect some more finishing quality.)

I didn't quite understand you (I don't know English very well).:noexpression:

Thanks!

I didn't quite understand you (I don't know English very well).:noexpression:

It means that for instance in my case, the TWCS Throttle's middle HAT switch does not have the same firm / solid feeling like the top and bottom HATs.

It freely moves some milimeters.

I'm not saying that it's a big matter, but some HATs and buttons fixation could feel more solid.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Few months ago I started transition from a G940 to VKB. While waiting the VKB stick I was looking for a throttle and full HOTAS.

I bought first TM.16000 HOTAS for 89€ as it was on special sale on that day. So nothing to lose.

Opinions from that:

Stick is bad, yes it is accurate but heavy centering. And you need to remove the lube and add own to get excellent dampening. I might have a video link about that somewhere.

Main problem just with lack of features. One trigger (no dual mode), one hat and the three buttons around the hat. Not enough for almost anything. You will be doing crazy modifiers to get wanted control on stick. While you can use some secondary buttons of the twelfth on base, you don't really have time to move hands down there.

The stick doesn't either fit well to hand.

Throttle instead surprised. It has great amount of hats and the dual axis hat. The slide movement is very nice idea, better than tilting one. But as said here, sticky at small movements. I changed the lube on throttle but not much help from it as it is the design of trails inside that is problem. Great for large movement etc. And as said here too, prepare to lock it on table as it moves easily.

Even after G940 throttle, I would have liked to see 1-2 more buttons on throttle thumb position where is now just one.

As I fly in VR, I didn't find stick LED light annoying, otherwise I would disconnect those.

I then purchased a CH fighterstick (their best). And it is far better combo to throttle by amount of hats, but hard on hand and annoying centering springs.

Since putting a side the G940 (going to return to it) I couldn't fly anymore any helicopters. Pedals required and didn't want to buy some just for testing these cheap sticks.

I removed the TM stick totally, no use for anything really. Keep the CH stick as secondary stick for backup, but take VKB stick in use with TM throttle (going to replace it with VKB/VIRPIL one.

The lack of buttons and stick shape is just bad in TM. Throttle is great, amazing really for its price. But if you want HALL effect, it is that or something more expensive.

If you can come along with the three buttons, trigger and a hat in stick, it should work for you. At least with throttle you get more options, but I miss 8 base buttons on G940 base...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I use the T16000M HOTAS Setup and I love it for that price. Many buttons!

For all you T16000M users out there: If your throttle is "sticking" or hard to use, put it into the most Forward Position. Look at the backside and you will notice a screw in a Deep hole. Make it lose and it will be WAAAAAY better!

Using mine for a couple of months now the only thing which is a bit annoying is the lack of buttons on the stick itself. I help myself out with using the buttons on the throttle as modifiers. In that price range the system is the best you can buy. And its better to mount the throttle and stick somehow, which is quite easy since both use just 2 screws. Mounting the Pedals is a bit of a pain in the ass since u have to buy adapters from thrustmaster or figure out something on your own like i did.

And even with the little play on most of the hats you feel a solid click when the button is pressed, so its not really a problem for me. And yeah screw the throttle as loose as you can to get rid of the stops.

And the whole package feels way better and more solid than the saitek x52 and i got mine before madcatz took over and later logitech.

Edited by erniedaoage

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Using mine for a couple of months now the only thing which is a bit annoying is the lack of buttons on the stick itself. I help myself out with using the buttons on the throttle as modifiers. In that price range the system is the best you can buy. And its better to mount the throttle and stick somehow, which is quite easy since both use just 2 screws. Mounting the Pedals is a bit of a pain in the ass since u have to buy adapters from thrustmaster or figure out something on your own like i did.

And even with the little play on most of the hats you feel a solid click when the button is pressed, so its not really a problem for me. And yeah screw the throttle as loose as you can to get rid of the stops.

And the whole package feels way better and more solid than the saitek x52 and i got mine before madcatz took over and later logitech.

Hello erniedaoage,

Can you confirm if the TWCS's middle HAT does have some little more play (about 2 milimeters in mine), than the top and bottom ones ?

Thank you.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Hello erniedaoage,

Can you confirm if the TWCS's middle HAT does have some little more play (about 2 milimeters in mine), than the top and bottom ones ?

Thank you.

Yes it seems like mine has also a little bit more play than the others but as i mentioned before its not a problem for me since i always get a solid and feelable click when i push them.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

I've had mine for a couple of weeks and so far, it's very good for the price. Despite the promise of a more durable system (I forget the name) there is already some uncommanded input from the stick at rest. The light stays on when I let go and I need to push forward on the stick to get the light off. I'm trying to avoid adding a deadzone.

There are enough buttons for all the HOTAS functions though they won't be in the same place as the Warthog and you will need one modifier key. Have a look at these (excellent) profiles created by nunupt, they will show you the potential of this controller:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=nunupt&set_filter=Y

Obviously you'll make changes to suit your own needs. I, for example, use the paddle on the throttle as rudder pedals. I use the slider on the left (usually envisioned as a radar antenna slider) as the Zoom View (all for the A10C). It's a flexible package with enough capability to get you started and keep you busy for a while to come. Furthermore, when you inevitably upgrade you will still find use for it because it's still a quality stick and throttle compared to anything else I've ever used over the years.

Edited by Phil73805

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

• 4 years later...
On 11/7/2018 at 11:38 PM, Phil73805 said:

I've had mine for a couple of weeks and so far, it's very good for the price. Despite the promise of a more durable system (I forget the name) there is already some uncommanded input from the stick at rest. The light stays on when I let go and I need to push forward on the stick to get the light off. I'm trying to avoid adding a deadzone.

There are enough buttons for all the HOTAS functions though they won't be in the same place as the Warthog and you will need one modifier key. Have a look at these (excellent) profiles created by nunupt, they will show you the potential of this controller:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=nunupt&set_filter=Y

Obviously you'll make changes to suit your own needs. I, for example, use the paddle on the throttle as rudder pedals. I use the slider on the left (usually envisioned as a radar antenna slider) as the Zoom View (all for the A10C). It's a flexible package with enough capability to get you started and keep you busy for a while to come. Furthermore, when you inevitably upgrade you will still find use for it because it's still a quality stick and throttle compared to anything else I've ever used over the years.

Just bought one, and actually made a "ticket" for thrustmaster about that very same problem. No asnwer yet, but seems that many ppl have asked this over the internet. For some there is some mechanical play in the axis, not much but enough that before the centering spirng is put some good pressure, the light goes on. Thats actually because the sensor wors fine, but the mechanics are just "clumpy" what comes to plastic. You can easily test this by putting your finger on the top of the stick and mine leans immediatly to left 2-4 mm. Not much but enough to HALL sensor to give it a feedback. Thats more like centering problem in mechanics, which ofc should be in condition cause this is hard centering stick, where the center should be center otherwise no use for centering. Afterall, my problem goes away with 1click of deadzone in DCS so it is not so much problem with flying itself, it just feels kinda annoying 😛 Also some ppl have claimed for the moving wrist rest (no matter how tight the screw is, it is still moving) (the rest that can be moved aroud, by losening that one screw). The moving of that rest is actually normal, there is only a plastic cave that the screw goes into and simply stops it from rotating, but doestn really "tighten" it. But as I mentioned this last one is more or less in every stick, many ppl just doesnt even notice it, before somebody mentions it (sry :D). Afterall it might be agood thing the rest gets to roll littlebit, as it finds its place. But that axis thing is more annoying. It seems it has been more likely to have it even, with newer t.16000m´s. But STILL with all these little "this is crappy" this is way better than my old x45 was. Ok I liked more not hard centering, but I wanted accurate sensors, and somekind of throttle that does not go burner on burner off burner on just for keeping hand on it like my 20 year old saitek was 😄 About a year i looked for these under 200buck HOTASes, and it was kinda obvious very soon that I will buy T.16000m. There is NONE near that level what comes to sensors of it, under 200 bucks with throttle. VBK sells it NBX stick with around 150dollars, but it is only a stick... (good product though what i have heard, but needs mounting , as it is just basically the bottom box under the VBK stick. The throttle in tm16000m is not so smooth, but i like its buttons / locations very much. Ok they are clunky, but still it is cheapest not total basket case throttle one can get. I havent yet had problems with throtttles "stiffnes" as i lubricated it in first place, and put velcro under it (I knew what was coming with low mass.) But also it is low enough to use with my old leatherchairs armwrest. I find the long movement very comfortable, as not so smooth as with it was even with old saitek x45 BUT TM is way more accurate, what comes to sensors resolution also in the throttle. The sensors are in this hotas kinda perfect, its just <profanity>ty mechanics and cheap plastic, and "fast" finishing what makes it kinda "bad looking". Sensors, at least for me and couple of friends keep giving good numbers, but its just those cheap mechanics that start to fail kinda fast. If the sticks mounting was metal it would be total gamechanger, with low priceup for TM. Still i think i will buy one more of these hotases as one can still get em very cheap. If it lives even a year, I am happy with it... The rig high end stuff has to wait, I just cant fit em in my apartment right now in a way that living would be nice also... 😄 (Living? Life?)