Very slow connecting to servers

BoneDust

Is there a setting I can change to improve the connecting to server or server load time?

It takes me 3-7 minutes to go from "connect to server" to being in the cockpit. The ping rates are low and I have fiber optic internet.

cheers

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Is there a setting I can change to improve the connecting to server or server load time?

It takes me 3-7 minutes to go from "connect to server" to being in the cockpit. The ping rates are low and I have fiber optic internet.

cheers

I suppose it is something related to your computer and not to internet speed.

Do you have the game installed on SSD Drive or "classic" HDD?

My personal experience says to move / install your DCS into SSD Drive, thats improve loading speed!

Keep in mind that when you join a multiplayer server, you're not loading only your assets, but all assets, so each additional modules (aircraft) used or available in the mission.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I suppose it is something related to your computer and not to internet speed.

Do you have the game installed on SSD Drive or "classic" HDD?

My personal experience says to move / install your DCS into SSD Drive, thats improve loading speed!

Keep in mind that when you join a multiplayer server, you're not loading only your assets, but all assets, so each additional modules (aircraft) used or available in the mission.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have an SSD, and I'm going to move my install to it. See if that helps.

cheers

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR