Flap Angle indicator not indicating

Phil73805

Not sure if this is a bug but I've noticed that when I lower the flaps the flap angle indicator is still on zero even though the flaps have deployed and the flap switch is in the appropriate position.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

Never had any problems with it.

Common flaps problems for me are:

- out of sync between my physical flap switch (TM Warthog) and DCS

- above V(LE); the flaps won't extend and will also auto-retract above that speed (somewhere in the 180 to 200 KIAS region; pretty much in line with the yellow marker on the steam IAS gauge)

A track would be good indeed!

The flap position indicator is powered by the aux DC essential bus and receives its position signal from the position control unit attached to the left outboard flap.

You can disable the indicator while not disabling the flaps by pulling the 35A AUX ESS BUS TIE C/B. It also disables about 20 other things which might not be immediately obvious. That's the only normal way I know of having flap control without indication.

I'm afraid I didn't save the track...I haven't saved any yet. I'm still learning the aircraft's handling characteristics and haven't saved anything for posterity yet. I will hop back as soon as I can, replicate the bug, save the track and then share it.

Frederf, are you suggesting that I may have tripped a circuit breaker?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

You might have been going too fast.

After experimenting today, I think you're right... :)