AV-8B II+ ??

BEHill75

Don't know if anyone has asked this yet, I couldn't find anything when I looked. Does anyone know if there are any plans to add the II+ variant of the AV-8B?

The night attack is nice, but as a former engine mechanic on these birds I would love to see the upgraded radar attack version as well. Who wouldn't? More engine power, greater access to modern weapons (like the AAMRAM), and ultimately, a radar of course.

Hmmm. I hope so. But they have so much on their plate now idk if they would ever get to it. First thing that comes to mind is completion of the AV-8B NA

DCS Modules Owned:A-10C, FC3, Yak-52, F/A-18C, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-5E, M-2000C, L-39, Hawk T.1A, C-101EB/CC, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, BF-109K4, FW-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50, F-86, DCS:CA, WWII assets, F-14A/A+/B

DCS Terrains Owned: All

PLEASE MAKE UH-60L and AH-64D!!! :pilotfly:

I wonder if the newer radar and other systems might still be too new and classified to be able to do it. Hence why the whet with the next best version in the first place.

No. It's because the code for A2G radar ED is writing isn't finished yet. Classification has nothing to do with anything, unless you think the F-18 and A-10 would be miraculously free of such @@

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
I wonder if the newer radar and other systems might still be too new and classified to be able to do it. Hence why the whet with the next best version in the first place.

No, not really classification issue. I mean, I just retired in 2014 and at least a year before I retired the Litening pod was still considered classified. And yet it appears on videos and in simulator games.