Resource for Hornet/Harrier/Tomcat Callsigns and Modex Numbers

Nealius

I got slightly lost with the disappearance of the Mission Builders' Corner sub-forum. Is this the correct place to post resources for mission builders?

So yeah, I like to use real callsigns and modex numbers when I build missions, and since I was constantly losing the scrap paper that I scribbled all this info on, I bit the bullet and made a spreadsheet. I figure other mission builders might appreciate it, so I'm sharing it here.

Notes:

F/A-18C -- I tried to limit it to Charlies/Alphas only. Modex numbers are whatever I could find on Google Images. On some of the modex numbers I included the highest number seen. It also looks like a couple squadrons changed their modex numbers at some point.

AV-8B/NA -- Limited to the Night Attack variant, which is tough because 90% of pics on the net are of the Day Attack variant. Modex numbers are just a rough estimate based on what few patterns I could observe on Google Images. I didn't include historical Modex numbers (e.g. ODS).

F-14A/B -- This one was actually easy as someone's website already did it for me. Since we don't know what liveries we will get with the Tomcat, I just did everything. These callsigns are limited to the Tomcat era only. Some callsigns were changed or added during the transition to Rhinos, but since we do not have Rhinos in DCS I have omitted them.

Google Sheets Download

Edited by Nealius

Looks like you got VX-9 and VX-23 mixed up. Vandy was originally used by VX-4 and it carried over when they merged with VX-5 to become VX-9. It continued in use at VX-9 Det Point Mugu.

EDIT: Also when I was with VX-9 the F/A-18C's were 3xx series MODEX's. F/A-18E's were 1XX, F/A-18F's were 2xx, F/A-18D's were 4xx, EA-6B's were 5xx-53x, EA-18G's were 57x. AH-1W's were 74x, AV-8B's were 75x up until we transferred them to VX-31 then the 75x MODEX was used for the AH-1Z's and the UH-1Y used 76x MODEX's. The skin the Hornet has in game is only used by one F/A-18C and its MODEX is 333. The scheme is also on one D, MODEX 444 and one F/A-18F, MODEX 222. We normally used the Vampire callsign.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

The old Mission Builders' Corner subforum has been renamed to "Mission Editor Discussion and Questions" and moved to the main "DCS World Topics" area in what I assume is an attempt to stop users from posting questions about mission design here and use this area for its intended purpose.

Thanks for sharing the document, though perhaps ask a moderator to move the thread. :thumbup: