PSA: Hover stop with X52

Sadist_Cain

Thought I'd share the outcome of my frustrations with hover stops and carrier landings.

Firstly the hover stop is a block on the throtttle that stops the nozzles rotating when they hit 82 degrees (called the "hover stop") irl the pilot lifts the throttle ala A-10 engine start style to continue rotating the nozzles past the hover stop, into a braking stop.

You can see this hover stop plate if you zoom in on the throttle assembly in game, on the right side of the lever to control nozzle angle you'll see a wee metal plate that the lever itself raises up to move past, that's the hover stop.

Using the rotaries on the X-52 to control the nozzle angle with a slight curve (30-35) you can line up the 82 degree hover stop angle with the detent in the centre of the rotary without any real ill effects, works very nicely and might help you getting into that hover a bit easier.

Use in conjunction with the STO Stop for your short take offs and nozzle angles shouldn't be a worry for you anymore :)

I went a different approach. Set Saturation Y to 83, axis to slider mode and increase nozzle angle to that idle detent button. That way the throttle lever ranges from 0 (foward) to 82° (back) and to get past that, just pull the throttle lever up and back (off pos - TM Warthog). I saw no need for precise control in the range from 82 - 98.5°. So on any other device you could still map a button if it doesn't have an idle/off detent button.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg