Guide for Creating a Simple USB Button Box

Hi All,

Since I recently discovered the immersion factor of using a Oculus Rift with DCS, I've found using a mouse somewhat detracting from the overall experience (I've already got a TM Warthog as well as a pair of TM Cougar MFDs).

To put it simply, are there any guides out there that detail how to build a 'simple' button box? I'm after 2-6 on/off push buttons (for general use), a couple of rotary knobs (for flood lights, instrument panel lights etc) and a various number of on/off toggle switches (for Master Arm, refueling prob extend/retract etc; may have to use on/off/on switches here though).

I've come across Leo Bodnar's website where a USB BBI-32 button box interface is listed but are there any guides out there for actually adding the above controls? Once I'm able to get this working, I plan on on adding a housing to make it pretty/tacticool.

Maybe there other interface boxes/websites out there that people use apart from Leo's?

Would appreciate any tips/links to pre-existing guides

Thanks!

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

BBI-32 is an good start point if you don't have previous DIY experience.

Is just fit the card inside a assembly box, put switches, buttons, encoders and wire in BBI-32.

This button box is not using BBI-32 but is an good "how to" example on how build one:

Similar to Leo Bodnar carts are DSD cards, too ready to use and PnP for Windows.

http://derekspearedesigns.com/circuits.html

Edited by Sokol1_br