Pylon removal

crazyeddie

I see there is a tick box to remove the pylons in the ME for Civilian Mi8's running as AI. I have also read that you have to select an empty weapons load for this to work, AND, if you delete the Mi8.lua and run repair it should sort out any other problems.

I tick the box and I select empty but the pylons remain. I untick the box, same again. I have run repair and deleted the lua, the pylons remain.

I can't think of anything else to try to get a Civilian Mi8 without the weapons pylons, am I missing something or is this a known bug. ?

Edited by crazyeddie

Works fine for me, running latest Open Beta. I had never problems with removing the external hardpoints.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Okay, thanks, I'm also in Open beta and I'm doing all the right things I believe but the damn things won't remove.

Finally worked this out, it's complicated and relates to JSGME Mods where I have changed the lua attributes of this helo to allow it to land on all ships, that change stopped the pylon option from working.

We live and we learn ... now to find a way around that !!

Edited by crazyeddie

Finally worked this out, it's complicated and relates to JSGME Mods where I have changed the lua attributes of this helo to allow it to land on all ships, that change stopped the pylon option from working.

Good to see you figured it out. I don't remember, but does JSGME have any sort of "update changes tracker" or whatever I should call it? I'm using OvGME instead and that tool has a function to record a "snapshot" of your install, and after an update you can run a compare and see all files that have changed (of course, clean installs). If any of these are part of any MOD, use something like Notepad++ with the comparison addon and compare the MOD file with the new original. Hopefully you know what code in the moded files that belongs to the MOD, every other difference is due to the update and can be transferred over to the MOD file. When done with all relevant files, create a new snapshot before activating your MODs.

This is how I do it after every uptate to keep all MODs up to date. Unfortunately it won't help you with this particular problem, but go through all your MODs and compare all files with original ones (might be tedious, but its only need to be done ones), then start using this method and you'll be fine.

If you are interested in OvGME:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

(go to last post for the last installation file)

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5