[REPORTED] Deck Sliding Still an Issue

dramabeats

this is easy to reproduce, make the carrier with max speeds and add a few turns, deck movement due to stormy waters still doesn t move the acft too.

It has only improved never been fixed, which is a shame its not acknowledged as such.

What i dont get is, if you connect to the cat. You become "stuck" to the deck, i have started to do rearm/refuels connected as it stops the sliding. But my question is, until a permenant solution can be found, can we not get the same effect from the wheel chocks? When chocks are in place you are stuck to the deck at all times, at least it would give us an option.

It has only improved never been fixed, which is a shame its not acknowledged as such.

What i dont get is, if you connect to the cat. You become "stuck" to the deck, i have started to do rearm/refuels connected as it stops the sliding. But my question is, until a permenant solution can be found, can we not get the same effect from the wheel chocks? When chocks are in place you are stuck to the deck at all times, at least it would give us an option.

I slid sideways right into my wingman with my wheel chocks on (while rearming - this makes it worse) and the ship wasn't even going fast

It was reported in the old sliding thread(marked as fixed) 8-18-2018 by MuF:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3600248&postcount=90

I did a quick test by setting up a carrier and an F-18, did two rearms and recorded it(back then), i can reproduce this 100% in the Open Beta since then(don't have stable) until now. You can see the little "jumps" of the F-18 in the video.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I slid sideways right into my wingman with my wheel chocks on (while rearming - this makes it worse) and the ship wasn't even going fast

Yeah maybe i wasn't clear, currently the wheel chocks do nothing...

But if you attach to one of the catapults, you are suddenly "stuck" to the deck and can refuel/defuel, rearm without sliding at all. So it would be nice if the wheel chocks offered the same functionality until the deck sliding issue can be totally sorted out.