Belly landing in field grass showing through wings

Rebel28

As the title says if you land wheels up in a field the wings look like there is grass growing out of them.

Yeah that grass is really tough it even pokes up through the floor of my Gazelle. :P

It's been a feature for a long time but at the end of the day it's no biggie. ;)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I honestly cannot think of any game where that doesn't happen. To "fix" it, you would have to give ALL of the grass collision volumes... ALLLLL of it. It might have a small impact on performance.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

IL2 is listed as a GAME so in a game this anomaly could be overlooked.

This is listed as Digital Combat Simulator as soon as you use the word SIMULATOR you now have a higher standard to maintain. Not just the combat side but all aspects of the aircraft. If this were not true why do we have all the controls and switches to deal with?

Each and every aircraft is purchased separately and should be held too a higher level of accuracy. Grass coming through wings is not one.

I probably would have never noticed this if not for the fact that engine was shot out and had to ditch in a field.

DO NOT misunderstand; I think this is THE BEST flight simulation out at the moment. Many times friends think I must be a sales person for DCS bringing them over to see for themselves how great it is. That’s why I was so surprised when I looked out and noticed grass coming through the top of the wings.

The intent was not to start a flame war just to say:

This is just wrong you may want to fix it.

This is listed as Digital Combat Simulator as soon as you use the word SIMULATOR you now have a higher standard to maintain. Not just the combat side but all aspects of the aircraft. If this were not true why do we have all the controls and switches to deal with?

Each and every aircraft is purchased separately and should be held too a higher level of accuracy. Grass coming through wings is not one.

I probably would have never noticed this if not for the fact that engine was shot out and had to ditch in a field.

DO NOT misunderstand; I think this is THE BEST flight simulation out at the moment. Many times friends think I must be a sales person for DCS bringing them over to see for themselves how great it is. That’s why I was so surprised when I looked out and noticed grass coming through the top of the wings.

I know right,.. :megalol:

Even in the NTTR map you can't land on the airliners at the airport you just sink right through them, don't even consider jet wash at the moment, waiting for the F-14 here. :D

I'm guessing it's not a priority for ED currently, fortunately as there is so much important stuff currently like the Mi-24 (waiting patiently here ;) ) so it may take a while to resolve. In the mean time as others have said, don't crash and it's all good right. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

So, you judge it by its name? Ridiculous.

Maybe someone will come out with a Grass Simulator. You'll love it.

Buzz

Maybe someone will come out with a Grass Simulator. You'll love it.

Hahaha, I'd like that to mow my lawn. Seriously though, when I crash land and break my ship and the grass peers through the cracks I go straight to the stores and demand a new one. :pilotfly:

Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor

15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display

16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz

128GB SSD + 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home 64bit

If u make this argument for grass since this is a simulation, that means everything in this world has to be correct, then we are now talking about many, many more things to be fixed. Simply not going to happen.

For instance, I really don’t like looking through the walls of a carrier at my plane or drowning because I ejected over water and have no liferaft or working life preserver, which means I can’t be picked up by a chopper. I mean they can do sling loads so why can’t they rescue a pilot.

So what you say you want could be expanded to many things which could be more important than a blade of grass.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10