AI in air combat

I believe there is no general thread for this topic, so I would like to talk a little bit about what you think about the AI.

In my missions the AI could perform pretty well, but it seems to have some weaknesses when fighting very close to the ground in rough terrains with hills or mountains. This is a weakness you can exploit, if you bait the AI on a very low altitude.

I just had a mission, where two AI controlled F14s shot several missiles at me, but in the end they both crashed into the ground without me having to fire a single missile. The same thing happened later on for one SU-33 fighter with a high skill AI. I admit that in the end I crashed in the mountains too, because I lost concentration. However, I think that the AI should be able to compute their trajectory much easier than humans can. I hope the devs will fix this, so I can have some interesting and fair fights close to the ground. :joystick:

Btw. you can find in the attachement the files of the replay in DCS and in Tacview, that show how the three AIs got themself killed in one mission.

Edit: Oops, the replay in DCS was the wrong one, but the one in Tacview is correct.

Selfdestruction.zip

Edited by Tiramisu

Its ridiculous how bad AI is at basic stuff. At Khasab my wingmen follow me blue angels style when I am on final, only to realize Im landing, initiate a go around and always crashes in the mountain next to the airfield. Pretty bad AI: unpredictable, unreliable, and useless in most situations. There have been talks about upgrading the ai in other posts, hopefully one day we will see improvements.

Have you tried something like VoiceAttack?

I have also considered using VoiceAttack, but I think you can only trigger fixed buttons like F1-F12 with your voice instead of using contextual voice commands. I mean the problem is that the functionality of the F-buttons depend on the ATC menu you are currently in.

I have also considered using VoiceAttack, but I think you can only trigger fixed buttons like F1-F12 with your voice instead of using contextual voice commands. I mean the problem is that the functionality of the F-buttons depend on the ATC menu you are currently in.

Vaicom Pro plugin/ Voice Attack IS contextual . You make it so by prefixing your command with , for example :

"Flight"

"Kholki" (ATC)

"Ground"

"Texaco"

Etc .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Voice Attack with Hollywood's Viacom Pro, is really, really helpful when dealing with your bot wingman. I'm learning to think of them sorta as a remote weapons system, more than a human wingman. As such, I'm observing, they have no sense of self preservation, or physiological limits, which can be ether detrimental, or exploited, depending on how you use them, and the speed of which you issue your commands to them, which is where Viacom Pro is really helpful.

And it lets you do away with the immersion-breaking text comm menus

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2