F-14, the long waited aircraft! Will MIG-31BM be the next?

Maverick Su-35S

Hello,

You've proven to be able to correctly simulate the aircraft's in flight behavior as well as it's systems with a high level of accuracy. No other words. Heads down towards Heatblur Simulations! I've just pre-ordered the F-14 (one my childhood's most liked 70's fighter) and I immediately thought about it's natural competitor, the MIG-31BM with R-33 missiles.

Is there any possibility within the near future that the MIG-31BM might arrive? I don't want it from anyone else but you...!

Congratulations to Heatblur!

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!

I can pretty much guarantee you that the MiG-31 won't be next and probably won't happen any time soon either. Maybe the Mig-25, but definitely not the -31.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I can pretty much guarantee you that the MiG-31 won't be next and probably won't happen any time soon either. Maybe the Mig-25, but definitely not the -31.

Mig 25 useless, real life use SR 71 intercept only and reconnaissance...

DCS World wishlist: Flaming Cliffs style Su 27SM and Mig 31! In game voice communication and better netcode!

Mig 25 useless, real life use SR 71 intercept only and reconnaissance...

Please check per example MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F", not quite useless with those Kh-58 and Kh-31s.

Also MiG-25PD with new radar is quite capable for the time during the Iraq-Iran war it had something like 8 vs 1 kill ratio, and even VS our beloved Tomcat it had 1 to 1 trade... in the gulf war two Mig-25 were lost vs 1 Hornet kill by the MiG-25s... in the end even the 'useless' reconnaissance version can carry 8 500kg bombs, similar that we can carry in the Hornet currently....

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Surely you mean MiG-28

We already have one :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=196897&stc=1&d=1541000856

26324066-B1FF-4885-9B0A-9AD70D9EE790.thumb.jpeg.bebceb39d48795971c6a21b23d0909e2.jpeg

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Wasn’t interested in a Mig-31. Got the Tomcat and as far as I was concerned that’s the only interceptor I need. However, I watched a really cool video about the 31 and I have to admit it’s a really interesting aircraft with some really cool features, plus the Caucasus map is an appropriate setting. So yeah I was wrong about the Mig-31 it would be really cool. Unfortunately gathering enough info on the type may prove the problem. We have reached a stage with DCS where I will start to choose the modules I buy instead of buying them all as I struggle as it is to find the time to fully learn the ones I have and the Tomcat alone will take enough time to master. I look out now for interesting modules, personally I feel we have enough trainer aircraft now and I see no need to release anymore. I’m sure some people may feel differently about this. So I agree about the Mig-31 after a Tornado :megalol:

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

and the production line is still going.

Still ongoing? The production stopped in the early 90's. There was some talk recently about developing a successor, but AFAIK nothing more than that.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Please check per example MiG-25BM "Foxbat-F", not quite useless with those Kh-58 and Kh-31s.

Also MiG-25PD with new radar is quite capable for the time during the Iraq-Iran war it had something like 8 vs 1 kill ratio, and even VS our beloved Tomcat it had 1 to 1 trade... in the gulf war two Mig-25 were lost vs 1 Hornet kill by the MiG-25s... in the end even the 'useless' reconnaissance version can carry 8 500kg bombs, similar that we can carry in the Hornet currently....

Thanks that's quite interesting info. I was thinking the Mig-25 was too extreme and limited in capability... but who can say no to Mach 3? Then again there are very interesting versions like SEAD planes or the recon variants - India apparently got very good service out of them. Perhaps as survey level aircraft?

Same for Mig-31. Could an earlier version be expected to become declassified enough to make it into the game in years to come? The aircraft is much more combat capable in terms of DCS and also has some reportedly unique capabilities for the period with still a very high speed, the datalink, radar etc.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

• 4 weeks later...
The F-14 is one of my all time favorite fighters. But I would absolutely jump for joy if someone was able to produce a MiG-31 module too! :bounce: :D

You'll be waiting for a while.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

MiG-31 is Air Defense Fighter, extremally complicated and classified. I doubt it will be declassified even in 10-20 years.

Maybe MiG-25P or PD from '70 some day.

Mig 31 = heavy interceptor fighter!

Edited by Rushx

DCS World wishlist: Flaming Cliffs style Su 27SM and Mig 31! In game voice communication and better netcode!

F-14 D

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

MiG-25PD would be a nice substitute for a MiG-31. It's combat proven and has shot down numerous aircraft.

The MiG-25 is the reason why Iran bought the F-14 in the first place and we have Iran in the game now, so that scenario can be modeled.

It's max speed of Mach 3 and max altitude of 80,000ft+ would add another tactical dimension to multiplayer. It would actually have a chance to out climb the Phoenix missile also.

IMO, probably the only realistic chance to have reconnaissance aircraft in DCS as well.

I would absolutely fly the living (insert awesome phrase here) out of it, good missiles, fast, good radar, heavy aircraft and a good match to the f-14.

I like to fly both Nato and Russian aircraft in DCS with the Mirage and Mig 21 being my most flown aircraft, It's always interesting to see the different capabilities of the aircraft and to experiment with new tactics to take down bigger threats.

I assume you mean in BVR only right?

In WVR the Tomcat, and a lot of other aircraft, will eat it for breakfast, as the Mig-25 is most definitely *not* a dogfighter.

Of course in bvr lmao, and well its a mig 25, things so big you could feed a family for a week from it.