JHMCS , AGM 65 E

Basilahi

See Wags' second latest update in the mini update thread - he already told us it wasn't coming today. Judging from the very latest update, it might not even be coming next week (it's ambiguous, but it sounds like only the AA radar update is definitely in next week's update).

The latest newsletter also makes it clear it won't be coming today, looks like you're going off info in an older newsletter: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3669278&postcount=165

Im disappointed, i thought we were getting JHMCS , 65E , 65F and FPAS page today , according to the news letter they said it will be implemented by the end of this month

hahahaha dude :megalol::megalol:

did you really expected this?

:)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

In his defense you can't even figure what's out the next week, because of the ambiguous messages from Wags.

"Team is plugging away at the L Mav."

...what does this mean? They are working at it but it will not be in the next OB update? Do these features will come together, or they will be added as soon they'll be ready, individually? Updates are so confusing.

In his defense you can't even figure what's out the next week, because of the ambiguous messages from Wags.

...what does this mean? They are working at it but it will not be in the next OB update? Do these features will come together, or they will be added as soon they'll be ready, individually? Updates are so confusing.

It all depends on how those features come along, so even ED can't say for sure:

Even a couple of days ago, a hot fix was looking good for 31 October, but in just the past 48 hours we’ve come across too many issues that would bring far more pain than joy if we released those features next week without needed testing. They really need another week in the oven

Remember: "Everything is subject to change".

Just be patient and let them do their work.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Im disappointed, i thought we were getting JHMCS , 65E , 65F and FPAS page today , according to the news letter they said it will be implemented by the end of this month

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_management_triangle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

It all depends on how those features come along, so even ED can't say for sure:

Remember: "Everything is subject to change".

Just be patient and let them do their work.

By quoting those messages you didn't answered to the question: "does it mean that the MAV is expected the 7th" ? (taking in consideration that everything is subjected to change...).

Your assumption is just an assumption based on an early access module.

Exactally, thats why I used the word “assume” :thumbup:

And i assume it based on the previous and last mini-update if nothing goes really wrong I think it’s a safe assumption

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

• ED Team

It means it was in work, its now in testing, if it passes internal testing for next week it will be in the new Open Beta build, concrete info cant be given on such fluid developments.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Guys, we can speculate what Wags actually meant or not meant but what purpose does that serve? As we‘ve learned, even Wags sometimes announces: „it‘s in the plan for next week“ but then the plan is destroyed because of unforeseen issues that popped up during acceptance testing. So even if we have a „plan“ from an authorized and competent DCS guy, that plan might still be subject to change. A plan isnot a promise to deliver and I believe most of the frustration that some users have expressed comes from exactly that: taking a plan as a promise. That is not the fault of DCS...

Don‘t get me wrong, I am not criticizing DCS for what has happened recently. I do lead a team of software developers myself and I very much understand what can happen during the actual development and testing. We should actually be happy that they obviously take the testing part serious.

It is very appealing to release a new feature when it has been finally developed (meaning, the code is there and works to some extent) but not fully acceptance tested - especially if you have a hungry crowd of customers begging for it. When issues pop up during acceptance testing, you have to decide whether

A) the issues are negligible for most users under most scenarios and are therefore not considered „blocking issues“ or

B)whether they are significant enough to outweigh the benefits of bringing the new feature to the customers.

Imagine DCS had completed development of the JHMCS and it worked fine itself but as a „side effect“ it would currently mean the HUD does no longer work at night as before (just an example). That would probably be a clear case B) and something like this might have been what we‘ve just experienced recently. As much as I would have loved to get the JHMCS or the FOAS page, I praise DCS for having a focus on quality instead of premature release. Again, you don’t take a decision to NOT release a feature easily.

Bottom line: Lower your expectations and don‘t take any announced plans - as short-term as they might be - as a promise. The plans are just there to give you an idea and more than often they turn out to be true. Sometimes not. But if you want to do yourself a favor, don‘t let that frustrate you.

Edited by Hog_No32

Disappointed too, but I'd rather have a stable release then one that messes things up. We've been successfully doing SEAD etc with what we have so I'll wait. Just don't make unrealistic release dates because that's what gets me angry :)

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Guys, we can speculate what Wags actually meant or not meant but what purpose does that serve? As we‘ve learned, even Wags sometimes announces: „it‘s in the plan for next week“ but then the plan is destroyed because of unforeseen issues that popped up during acceptance testing. So even if we have a „plan“ from an authorized and competent DCS guy, that plan might still be subject to change. A plan isnot a promise to deliver and I believe most of the frustration that some users have expressed comes from exactly that: taking a plan as a promise. That is not the fault of DCS...

Don‘t get me wrong, I am not criticizing DCS for what has happened recently. I do lead a team of software developers myself and I very much understand what can happen during the actual development and testing. We should actually be happy that they obviously take the testing part serious. It is very appealing to release a new feature when it has been finally developed (meaning, the code is there and works to some extent) but not fully acceptance tested - especially if you have a hungry crowd of customers begging for it. When issues pop up during acceptance testing, you have to decide whether

A) the issues are negligible for most users under most scenarios and are therefore not considered „blocking issues“ or

B)whether they are significant enough to outweigh the benefits of bringing the new feature to the customers.

Imagine DCS had completed development of the JHMCS and it worked fine itself but as a „side effect“ it would currently mean the HUD does no longer work on n nighttime as before (just an example). That would probably be a clear case B) and something like this might have been what we‘ve just experienced recently. As much as I would have loved to get the JHMCS or the FOAS page, I praise DCS for having a focus on quality instead of premature release. Again, you don’t take a decision to NOT release a feature easily.

Bottom line: Lower your expectations and don‘t take any announced plans - as short-term as they might be - as a promise. The plans are just there to give you an idea and more than

often they turn out to be true. Sometimes not. But if you want to do yourself a favor, don‘t let that frustrate you.

+1

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Quick question:

Since AGM-65E is close to release.... How will one go about finding lased targets without a pod to pick upp the laser spot?

Will the LMAV it be shipped with some additional LSS tech (like a pod) to pick up targets, or can the LMAV be used by "itself" by pointing the nose in the general direction where the laser spot is expected to be?

Quick question:

Since AGM-65E is close to release.... How will one go about finding lased targets without a pod to pick upp the laser spot?

Will the LMAV it be shipped with some additional LSS tech (like a pod) to pick up targets, or can the LMAV be used by "itself" by pointing the nose in the general direction where the laser spot is expected to be?

JTAC or other designators.

:huh: That was not the question. How do I find the laser spot that is being designated? Can the LMAV find the laser spot on it's own, or do we need other tech like LSS on a pod to be able to properly pick up the laser signal to lock-on and use the LMAV?

Wags said he will do an update video before the stuff is released so I suposse we will have to wait and see...

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:huh: That was not the question. How do I find the laser spot that is being designated? Can the LMAV find the laser spot on it's own, or do we need other tech like LSS on a pod to be able to properly pick up the laser signal to lock-on and use the LMAV?

It's already in the game, you can search on youtube to see how it will work.

However on general note: a target is designated by someone else (JTAC, another aircraft.. whatever..), the coordinates of that target are passed to you along with the laser code (4 digits, actually it seems to work only 1688 code), the laser code is then input in the instrumentation, when you're ready to fire you ask to "lase on", JTAC will light the target and you'll fire your weapon.

Example with the Mirage:

(laser on at 20:31)