JHMCS , AGM 65 E

Basilahi

Thanks! That was the info I was looking for :)

More specifically - the JTAC will also give you coordinates of where they are lazing and often they'll pop smoke on the target. So you can use that to put yourself in the rough area (and create a waypoint and WPDSG to put a diamond on the ground), then when you can see the diamond/smoke, uncage the maverick and the seeker will look for the laser energy and lock it, then you can fire.

Per today's newsletter:

"For next week's Open Beta update, we plan new Hornet features and fixes like the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS), FPAS page, laser Maverick, and corrected air-to-air radar B-sweep."

Note the use of the word "plan" - to quote Rabbie Burns: "The best laid plans o' mice an' men gang aft agley!"

Things go wrong, things take longer than expected - until you see it in a changelog, expect things to slip.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Not to sound dumb....

But what is JHMCS?

please.

:)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3642276&postcount=79

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I can say they features listed are going very well, I fired off some Mavericks this week, I know the other aspects are working well, I don't see too much holding it back now, I think it's looking pretty good for next week.

Any progress on F & G version also?

Those will be amazing, since they can be used by the Hornet without external help. :joystick:

Bottom line: Lower your expectations and don‘t take any announced plans - as short-term as they might be - as a promise.

It's generally a good idea to not even take promises as such, as man deliberately fails at fulfilling them. Everywhere.

So just sit back and enjoy what's in already or do other things meanwhile.

I'm just wondering what happened to the GBUs, but probably they just thought a LMav would be a better choice to come first.

It's already in the game, you can search on youtube to see how it will work.

However on general note: a target is designated by someone else (JTAC, another aircraft.. whatever..), the coordinates of that target are passed to you along with the laser code (4 digits, actually it seems to work only 1688 code), the laser code is then input in the instrumentation, when you're ready to fire you ask to "lase on", JTAC will light the target and you'll fire your weapon.

Example with the Mirage:

(laser on at 20:31)

I still fail to get what the "TEN SECONDS" thing does... I'm expecting something like a 10s lasering, but I can't tell him to fire it (based on calculated TTG for impact if given).

This. If you're not subbed with instant email notification squad status to Mini-updates and the official Changelog thread how can you call yourself a real DCS'er?

Easy:

F5.jpg

Subscriptions just clutter up my spam box even more... just know where to look at and when, then do that regularly, got those tabs open permanently anyway ajmug.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hopefully the Maverick will be included too, but if not, I’ll take what we get and wait patiently for what comes next.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

Cloud no more rotate in that video , thats better than new systems :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I noticed something intriguing about the clouds also...

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Im disappointed, i thought we were getting JHMCS , 65E , 65F and FPAS page today , according to the news letter they said it will be implemented by the end of this month

You should be happy not disappointed. Happy that ED are one of the few developers that have the integrity not to release something 1/2 assed just for the sake of ticking off a milestone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

You should be happy not disappointed. Happy that ED are one of the few developers that have the integrity not to release something 1/2 assed just for the sake of ticking off a milestone.

Yes. And while it's a shame the update was delayed, remember: while ED don't often give dates, when they do they almost never miss them (at least I can't remember a time before this).

I'm glad an update with the new features are just around the corner. The wait wasn't terrible as there are still a ton of things to practice and TRY to perfect. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

It will be so awesome, if we get some Mav's tomorrow. Im hungry for some guided AG weapons. :pilotfly:

Not sure that our Hornet will get the Mavs tomorrow! Nothing mentioned by Wags about the last days, no explaining video about! I think at least the laser-guided Mavericks would absolutely be worth a video about before releasing!

So I´m very skeptical that we´ll be able to fire Mavs from the Hornet before Wags present them in a video description.

Seems likely we'll see the Maverick E this week. Hopefully we still see the AGM-65F and G by the end of the month.

AGM-65F and G will give a much needed precision, stand-off capability to DCS Hornet. The A in the F/A-18C will finally make sense.