MiG 29S

yufighter

Are there any cockpit photos? I'm pretty sure those refurbished 9.12/9.13's have MFD's now which wouldn't match the in-game cockpit at all.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Yeah, that bottom video was posted already. So, you see, there's a navigation display plus the MFD, totally unlike the cockpits in the game.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

By the end of 2008, all Serbian mig-29 had a cockpit as in the game. After modernization, all (9.12B, 912A, 9.13S) were brought to the standard displayed in the video.

Weren't the 9.13's donated only recently as part of the six aircraft (not sure how many of those were 9.13.. one? two?)?

1x9.12A, 3x9.13S, 2x9.51 - donation

and 3x9.12B, 1x9.51 - old

OK, so three 9.13's. But, they were donated last year, no? And then were immediately sent back for the refurbishment and upgrade?

So, what I was trying to say, the 9.13 which would match the in-game cockpit was not really operated by Serbian Air Force. Right?

Unless of course it can be disregarded and flown with the old cockpit, like e.g. the MiG-29G is.

Only one 9.13 sent back for the refurbishment and upgrade. Other donated aircraft were imported to Serbia in the SD standard already present on existing aircraft. The next step is to modernize all 10 aircraft. Unfortunately, I do not know the details of the modernization.

Yes, now the 9.12, 9.13 which would match the in-game cockpit was not really operated by Serbian Air Force.

The MFD looks like MFI-55. Same avionics that Deka Ironworks is looking into for their J-11A upgrade.

MiG-29S has been upgraded in different stages and variants. There is a video here on the forum on testing the MiG-29S with radar upgrade to launch the R77. That is probably closest to the variant we have in DCS.

Edit. Found the thread with video. Rare stuff, enjoy!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220071

Edited by Schmidtfire