NATO Personnel and Items

SUNTSAG

1 hour ago, Dusty_13 said:

Hi all, is anyone else able to chime in here? is this still working for any of you? this is such a fantastic mod and it would be a massive shame to loose it. 

Just tested and it seems to work for me, but I have not tested every object and function, what is your exact problem with the Mod?

328TiUh.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

hi, I read in the forum that the life value of the units (from version 2.7) must be greater than 1 (otherwise it is considered destroyed or damaged).
I changed the value life = 0.08 in the .lua with life = 1.5 and both movement and fire function as well as being present in the F10 map.
For the moment it works, latest Open Beta 2.7.5.

Nato e RussianIran Troop Mod.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

CPU: i7 12700K 5.0 Ghz - MB: Asus Prime Z-690P - Cooler cpu: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 - RAM: XPG Lancer RGB 64 Gb 6000 - GPU: ASUS Rog Strix Gaming RTX 4080 16G - SSD M2 PCi4: 1x XPG Gamming S70 1 TB -  1x MSI Spatium M480 2 TB - 1x Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB - Power: CORSAIR HX1000i - Case: COOLER MASTER H500 ARGBP - Hotas Warthog (FLC+THR)-  - TM MFD Coguar - Honeycomb Alfa Flight Controller - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - Virpil TCS Plus base+ SharKa-50 Collective Grip - Virpil Mongoost T-50 CM3 Throttle - Virpil Sharka-50 CP3 -  Virpil Alpha Constellation Alpha + Moongose T-50 CM3 base - Virpil ACE Collection Pedals -Track IR5 - Oculus Rift S -  HP Reverb G2 V2 - Monitor MSI Optix MAG322CQR WQHD 165 Hz - Windows 10 Pro - DCS: All Modules & Terrains

12 minutes ago, tanax said:
hi, I read in the forum that the life value of the units (from version 2.7) must be greater than 1 (otherwise it is considered destroyed or damaged).
I changed the value life = 0.08 in the .lua with life = 1.5 and both movement and fire function as well as being present in the F10 map.

Thanks a lot for this information 🙏

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Havoc86 said:

Can someone explain to me how to select a livery, e.g. USCAMO, USCAMO2? 

There are two cases:

a) If you use them as static objects, their liveries are selected like this:

zvakcv5.jpg

on the sim they look like this:

fazPatn.jpg

b) If you use them as Units, so they can walk or run, the liveries are selected like this:

z6TmpfW.jpg

On the sim it looks like this:

ESgcD8F.jpg

🙂

26 minutes ago, Havoc86 said:

Thanks Rudel) It's so easy, I'm sorry( BTW, I'm very much in need for US Marines camo for missions...

👍 I use it mostly for the Iranian soldiers on the Persian Gulf 🙂

Thank you very much!

Does anybody know is it possible to have different faces for the same model?

Or...like rename it and call "US Soldier1", "US Soldier2", "US Soldier3" and so on to have up to 10 (squad) - 30 (platoon) different faces for the same US Soldier/Marine model in Multicam/MARPAT based on Georgian Soldier model.

OR.... probably just add masks/balaclavas? Eight Ball, you have a SWAT/HRT addon, where you use masks. Can you just add them to Russian Soldier (khaki green mask) and Georgian (black or multicam, according to the pictures below) (both Russian ang Georgian Army use masks in combat/specops.)? And that will do it for faces;)

BTW, Georgian soldiers use Multicam too)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Havoc86

• 2 months later...

When country US is selected the nato and us soldier as well as the russian iran and russian 1 and 2 soldier does not move to waypoints or interact with oppossing AI factions in combat.

All units mentioned are marked with a star in their name as well, if that has any relevance to the issue.

It's a shame, those models would look great instead of the vanilla US AI infantry units.

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker

On 8/30/2021 at 6:27 PM, tanax said:

Nato e RussianIran Troop Mod.png

Hi NoFear - response from Tanax, on how to make infantry move & interact again - hope that helps?

Edited by ggrewe
Added commentry

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, [16AGR] CptTrips said:

I may be stupid, but I can't for the life of me find a working link for these NATO ground personnel.

Doesn't anyone have one?  Thanks.

The link on the 1st post of this thread is not working anymore. send a Private message to @SUNTSAG to see if he can fix the link. I’ve my copy of this Mod, but I don’t want to re-distribute it without its author’s permission.

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

The link on the 1st post of this thread is not working anymore. send a Private message to @SUNTSAG to see if he can fix the link. I’ve my copy of this Mod, but I don’t want to re-distribute it without its author’s permission.

Thanks.  I PM'd him waiting on a reply.  

Kinda curious on why not just put it in the DCS files repository.  I've tried to download several of his and other peoples stuff and it's always dead links.  Then a later post, "No, use this link now."  Dead.  "OK, here is the latest link."  Dead.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it is frustrating for someone trying to use something someone put out to be used that looks so cool, but 5 different links to it are all dead unless you were there in 2017. 😉

Seems like a central reliable official repository with the one latest golden copy would be the way to go.  <shrug>

Unless there is some kind of copyright issue.  

8 minutes ago, [16AGR] CptTrips said:

ok, lets give him time to check on this 👍

Kinda curious on why not just put it in the DCS files repository. 

The ED file repository has a size limit of just 300 MB .. so bigger Mods usually don’t fit.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth ..

Ohh, but you are 🙃

but it is frustrating for someone trying to use something someone put out to be used that looks so cool, but 5 different links to it are all dead unless you were there in 2017. 😉

I understand your frustration, but please keep in mind that DCS is a game that is in constant evolution, DCS was in version 1.5 when this specific Mod appeared … keeping a Mod updated so that it still works with the current DCS and/or keeping google drive links current overa span of 5 years is w real feat and takes time and effort on the part of the Mod author.

Best regards,

Eduardo

37 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

The ED file repository has a size limit of just 300 MB .. so bigger Mods usually don’t fit.

Ah.  That makes sense then.  I'd be glad to host it for him on my website if that's an issue.  

I wonder if you can insert a readme with screenshots into the ED files repos for discoverability that just documents the link to the actual large file somewhere.  ED files is the first place people go to look for stuff so that could be the initial bread crumb.  If you ever have to move it to different hosting, you just update the link in the readme in ED files so that always points to the current place to go find it or the current version.

Sorry, his stuff just looks so dang cool I spent a day trying to scour the internet for it. 😉

<S>

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, [16AGR] CptTrips said:

Kinda curious on why not just put it in the DCS files repository.  I've tried to download several of his and other peoples stuff and it's always dead links.  Then a later post, "No, use this link now."  Dead.  "OK, here is the latest link."  Dead.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it is frustrating for someone trying to use something someone put out to be used that looks so cool, but 5 different links to it are all dead unless you were there in 2017. 😉

Seems like a central reliable official repository with the one latest golden copy would be the way to go.  <shrug>

Unless there is some kind of copyright issue.  

I happen to have the natoGF.7z file if necessary.  Hope @SUNTSAGgets back to you.  I agree we need a central reliable official repository that charges for download privileges.