NATO Personnel and Items

SUNTSAG

11 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

I happen to have the natoGF.7z file if necessary.  Hope @SUNTSAGgets back to you.  I agree we need a central reliable official repository that charges for download privileges.

I was thinking this morning...(I know, always dangerous.)

I'm building a hobby website (http://helo-ops.net/).  Not much there yet as I am just getting started on it.  Got some study aids for the Apache and that's about it.  I plan to pick up mission building as well, eventually (After I get over the initial Apache learning hump ;)).

I was thinking of maybe setting up a registry for "Mods in the Wild".  A database of known great mods out in the interverse not hosted at ED files.  Screenshots, descriptions, and a link to their last known storage location.  As the hosting changes over time we can update that link so mission builders have a place to find stuff reliably and mod authors have better discoverability.  

I can't host the storage for all of them, but I could for those I intend to use directly in my missions.  Others can just have the last known download link external to that website.  Hopefully they could be kept current.  Authors can contact me directly to get added or mission builder can let me know about great mods available they know about.

Thoughts?

<S>

Edited by [16AGR] CptTrips
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, [16AGR] CptTrips said:

I was thinking this morning...(I know, always dangerous.)

I'm building a hobby website (http://helo-ops.net/).  Not much there yet as I am just getting started on it.  Got some study aids for the Apache and that's about it.  I plan to pick up mission building as we.

I was thinking of maybe setting up a registry for "Mods in the Wild".  A database of known great mods out in the interverse not hosted at ED files.  Screenshots, descriptions, and a link to their last known storage location.  As the hosting changes over time we can update that link so mission builders have a place to find stuff reliably and mod authors have better discoverability.  

I can't host the storage for all of them, but I could for those I intend to use directly in my missions.  Others can just have the last known download link external to that website.  Hopefully they could be kept current.  Authors can contact me directly to get added or mission builder can let me know about great mods available they know about.

Thoughts?

<S>

I think you're onto something.  What I'd like to see is your site $ub$cription supported to host these third party mods and the missions that depend on them also.  Nothing against Eagle Dynamics but there are limits to what they can do.

2 minutes ago, AvgeekJoe said:

I think you're onto something.  What I'd like to see is your site $ub$cription supported to host these third party mods and the missions that depend on them also.  Nothing against Eagle Dynamics but there are limits to what they can do.

Well this is just a hobby site for me so I wouldn't want to hassle with money.  Free storage is everywhere these days.  Google Drive, MS One Drive, Dropbox, etc.  Gigs free storage of storage are throw around everywhere.  I would be amazed if storage space is the main issue, or at least that can be easily remedied.  I think it's more of a matter of link rotting.  I'm sure it's available for download somewhere I just haven't found the working link and all the dead links are still lying around to be found by Google when I try to search.  Just having a place to find the correct link would be gold.  

I'll try the idea on SUNTSAG and see his reaction.

<S>

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, [16AGR] CptTrips said:

I can't host the storage for all of them, but I could for those I intend to use directly in my missions.

That could be useful, as long as the Mod author allows re-distribution (many do not).

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Just now, Rudel_chw said:

That could be useful, as long as the Mod author allows re-distribution (many do not).

Right.  I would never mirror without the author permission.  I have 10 gb on my hobby site.  I don't need near that.  I could donate 4gb to mod hosting easy for the one I use where the author doesn't mind.

And I don't really need to, as long as someone  is hosting it somewhere reliably and if they will just tell me when they have to move it and I will keep the links updated to the current.  The only reason I would offer for the ones I use it to make sure the link I need for my mission never goes dead and I can't find the correct one again.  

• Like 1

I wish all the Mod authors just used GitHub, it gives a central place to report issues and allows the download of previous versions as well as support for collaborators to join the development effort, like the A-4E or Gripen Teams are doing.

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

14 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I wish all the Mod authors just used GitHub, it gives a central place to report issues and allows the download of previous versions as well as support for collaborators to join the development effort, like the A-4E or Gripen Teams are doing.

That would be a good idea.  Github gives you 1 gb free.

20 hours ago, SUNTSAG said:

Here is a fresh link to an updated version of the Mod. Cheers. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xLOIGM6Jic3VqY-G5G159bitb_Ss7RoJ/view?usp=sharing

Awesome.  Thank you.  Great stuff and I have a long list of your mission editor videos I'V saved and am going through.  That's how I saw the ground crew stuff.

Do you have anywhere you are listing all the current links to your other mods?

What are your thought on our conversation above about a registry for great mods hosted outside of ED User Files?

Would you be ok with me mirroring a download for the NatoGF from my website?

Cheers,

CptTrips

Edited by [16AGR] CptTrips
  • Like 1

With DCS 2.7 I've noticed that the ground units won't move or shoot. I read somewhere (forgot where) that it would resolve the problem by setting the health to value > 1. So for instance 1.1.

I tried this with the Nato GF mod and it worked. So I think this mod deserves an update 🙂

• Like 2

PC: Good enough for running DCS flawlessly on high end settings :thumbup:

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

Slaw Device Rudder Pedals

Trackhat Headtracker

5 hours ago, NoFear1979 said:

With DCS 2.7 I've noticed that the ground units won't move or shoot. I read somewhere (forgot where) that it would resolve the problem by setting the health to value > 1. So for instance 1.1.

I tried this with the Nato GF mod and it worked. So I think this mod deserves an update 🙂

Could you guide us through that so I can fix the version i have downloaded locally?  Until a patched version.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, [16AGR] CptTrips said:

Could you guide us through that so I can fix the version i have downloaded locally?  Until a patched version.

Thanks in advance.

Sure. I am at work atm but will sort you out once I am home.

Trackhat Headtracker

17 hours ago, [16AGR] CptTrips said:

Thanks in advance.

The Nato Forces and SovietIran Forces LUA files contains what follows:

GT_t.CH_t.HUMAN = {
    life = 0.08,
    mass = 90,
    length = 1,
    width = 1,
    max_road_velocity = 4,
    max_slope = 0.87,
    canSwim = true,
    canWade = true,
    waterline_level = 1.4,
    engine_power = 0.5,
    fordingDepth = 1.0,
    max_vert_obstacle = 1,
    max_acceleration = 3.0,
    min_turn_radius = 0.1,
    X_gear_1 = 0.3,
    Y_gear_1 = 0,
    Z_gear_1 = 0.0,
    X_gear_2 = 0.0,
    Y_gear_2 = 0,
    Z_gear_2 = 0.0,
    gear_type = GT_t.GEAR_TYPES.HUMAN,
    r_max = 0.53,
    armour_thickness = 0,
    human_figure = true,
}

The value you want to change is life = 0.08.

This value should be > 1 as stated previously. I changed it to 1.1 just to be sure.

This should fix the problem with the units not firing on opposing forces or not moving to wp's etc.

There is another mod called Insurgent SF 4x4 (Technical with 50 cal) that has the same problem. This solution works for it as well.

• Thanks 1

Trackhat Headtracker

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 8:30 AM, ickyline said:

Can't download it anymore?

8 minutes ago, Eisprinzessin said:

Yes, link seems to gone

here is an updated link:

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, adburs30 said:

I need this mod to open a mission but the download link at the top does not work. It says that the file is no longer available.

Here, try my copy .. it still works on my missions, even tough its a bit old:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hrlMR0bCiVbCmxKNlg?e=vmiWve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/13/2022 at 5:04 PM, NoFear1979 said:

The Nato Forces and SovietIran Forces LUA files contains what follows:

GT_t.CH_t.HUMAN = {
    life = 0.08,
    mass = 90,
    length = 1,
    width = 1,
    max_road_velocity = 4,
    max_slope = 0.87,
    canSwim = true,
    canWade = true,
    waterline_level = 1.4,
    engine_power = 0.5,
    fordingDepth = 1.0,
    max_vert_obstacle = 1,
    max_acceleration = 3.0,
    min_turn_radius = 0.1,
    X_gear_1 = 0.3,
    Y_gear_1 = 0,
    Z_gear_1 = 0.0,
    X_gear_2 = 0.0,
    Y_gear_2 = 0,
    Z_gear_2 = 0.0,
    gear_type = GT_t.GEAR_TYPES.HUMAN,
    r_max = 0.53,
    armour_thickness = 0,
    human_figure = true,
}

The value you want to change is life = 0.08.

This value should be > 1 as stated previously. I changed it to 1.1 just to be sure.

This should fix the problem with the units not firing on opposing forces or not moving to wp's etc.

There is another mod called Insurgent SF 4x4 (Technical with 50 cal) that has the same problem. This solution works for it as well.

For me is the same after I modify the lua files, units still don't move.

LE: nevermind, it looks like I had an old file. They move now albeit unnaturally.

Edited by Zayets

[sIGPIC]OK[/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Hi SUNTAG,

Would it be possible to create a US Vietnam livery for the US infantry M1 Garand? The Marines used the M-14 which could be comparable to the M1 Garand.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula, 16GigRam, DX11, 1x SSD Samsung EVO 850 500GB, 1x SSD Intel 530 Series 250GB, Win10 Pro, MSI Duke GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, TM HOTAS Warthog, Mad Catz Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1, Sharp 70 inch AQUOS Quattron LED LCD HDTV

• 7 months later...