Thanks, Wags.

=Mac=

Thank you for your post. I'm behind you 100% just as always. Take your time and do it right. I am extremely happy with the Hornet and will be even happier when it gets a good update.

Cheers!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

+1

I think most of us would agree that it's better to have a good working update, then a rushed update with game breaking bugs.

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

agreed, thanks Wags!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Agreed.

This is surely the point of build and testing in an agile manner.

If it’s good and ready, push it out the door, if it’s not, don’t.

I personally think it’s a good thing that ED have generally backed away from issuing too many firm commitment dates, just doesn’t work with the level of complexity that DCS has.

We’ll get it when ready. After all, it’s not that we don’t have activities to practice. I’m still crap at landing in poor weather.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

+20%

Thanks for your mini updates. I'm glad to have them, since it shows that you openly communicate with your customers. I also was a bit disappointed when the update was pushed back to the regular cycle (having a long weekend now which would have been just right for trying the new features), but I can understand why it's been done and I totally approve your apologies for this. That's what develompent can turn out after all. Take your time to bring us the Hornet in quality and all is fine twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

We all love DCS. Even the most "negative" of the bunch. DCS is a hobby, a passion, a sim and a game. Some of the most passionate enthusiast have very high expectations, since they put so much of their own time, passion and money into the sim. They post because they care about DCS too much and challenge ED to keep up their A game. As long as constructive discussions, I rather see healthy critisicm than people not caring at all.

Here come the world

With the look in its eye

Future uncertain but certainly slight

Look at the faces listen to the bells

It's hard to believe we need a place called hell

A place called hell

The devil inside

The devil inside

Every single one of us

The devil inside

May the THRUST be with you

I didnt understand..thanks for what? Pls stop with that sweet talking guys, its so stupid. We are all ED's clients and we pay for its product. So it is our right to push ED for new stuff, because we pay for it.

I personally will thank to ED when i have a full-operational multirole FA-18C.

Until then, ED has a lot a work to do to deserve such kind of sweet talking...

Thanks, Wags.

Appreciate the transparency and communication, it won’t please everyone (some people will never be happy with anything), but it definitely will do well to help tame the beast that this community can be.

Feeling informed goes a long way with most people, usually a lack of info/communication is what causes things to spiral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I didnt understand..thanks for what? Pls stop with that sweet talking guys, its so stupid. We are all ED's clients and we pay for its product. So it is our right to push ED for new stuff, because we pay for it.

They still deserve a some credit for sticking with their/our passion in this small niche, that's also the most high tech on many levels.

It's no Western, $US 725 million in three days LOL, wow......:cry:

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

:notworthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

No. Paying for stuff does not give you any rights, it gives you the product. Back to school!

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Im just tired to see "thanks ED for..." , "thanks Wags for...". And im asking again - thanks for what?

To be honest, ED should thank us...for being their clients for many years, and buying their products.

Stop being bootlickers guys!

I especially like the openness of this communication. I know ED aren't naturally open and Wags tries hard to walk the line between too much and too little, but in terms of this specific project I find the recent comms was very valuable. I prefer the disappointment of knowing that a target was missed than never knowing what the target was and being left with a mystery. Missing targets is pretty much software development in a nutshell. I do believe though, as soon as "Early Access" is purchasable that there should be a commitment to engage customers during the development, no matter how small the updates are. The alternative is meeting a release date with a finished product.

The contract basically is, giving you something unfinished in return for an early investment to meet business needs. If ED wants to continue EA models, then the entire process relies on a trust model, of which communication is a part, else, what happens is the customer base no longer trusts the EA model and will delay expenditure. Or basically, if you put people off EA by going quiet, you end up having no early investment from the customer base.

There's a lot of customers who get put off by this, not just with ED but in many other consumer gaming software. In the current climate, it's not easy to gain trust. Being open about things tends to intercept those worried customers, you see a lot of posts about EA and there's some quite mean shut-downs about not encouraging the EA purchases. Really it would make more sense not to put the EA process down, but highlight that missing timelines is normal and be upfront about it, whilst highlighting the successes.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Im just tired to see "thanks ED for..." , "thanks Wags for...". And im asking again - thanks for what?

To be honest, ED should thank us...for being their clients for many years, and buying their products.

Stop being bootlickers guys!

Here's a thought. Why don't you just stop looking at threads like this or go even further and leave the forums alone? Problem solved. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals