Alerax's LSO AI Script

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having issues with both this script, and Wrench Carrier Script 1.2.

Both work fine when the mission is run on my computer, but once I run it on the server and connect as client - there are no functions under F10, for either LSO or Carrier script.

DCS version is current Open Beta (2.5.4.26552).

Edited by Sundowner.pl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

Yesterday we flown a carrier qualification session for 5 hours with 6 people still in the release befor the update and Alerax script worked fabulous!!:thumbup:

We didn‘t dare to update to the latest Release version that came yesterday because we are not sure if this version is generating problems with Alerax script in multiplayer.

Can anyone confirm if the script is working good on the Open Beta / New Release version?

Hey All-

So sorry for the radio silence. It's been a crazy several weeks/months.

I finally got to the point where I can share the new updated Fast/Slow and Settle/Climb calls such that I'll upload the V2.3 this weekend. This will also include several additional bug fixes that have been mentioned in the post.

Thanks,

Alerax

What is the current version? The original post still says 2.2, and this one says 2.3. I also heard of a V3.0 now?

Also, Alerax, is it possible to change the abeam distance from the carrier? It seems that the LSO is always looking for 1.3 nm, and not much else. I don't recall what the NATOPS is on this but I thought as close as 1 mile and as far as 1.5 miles was acceptable? Seems like the tolerance is awful tight in this mod.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Acceptable and correct are hugely different in Naval Aviation, especially when it comes to the LSO's scoring approach and landings at the boat.Like any test, there is the correct answer and the rest are almost correct. Every LSO is taught to recognize the PERFECT approach. He mentally removes points based on what he sees you do and how well you do it. Ergo, it is a subjective process. No simulator can be subjective. Short answer is - get better at what you are being graded on instead of moving the grade to what the student does or finds easier.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Do your aircraft have the frequencies preset to channels in the mission editor?

yes? they always do but its not really to do with that

the carrier in dcs has a default frequency which the LSO frequncy in the script matches. if you play the demo mission provided that frequency is set to button 7 which is 270 MHz. if you just make a mission and add the script, it tells you button manual 127.5 being the carrier's default frequency. since you can not change that frequency in the mission editor at least as far as I can find... I am asking how it was done so I can set the script to use a preset button frequency instead of manual entry every time in my own mission

Edited by tekrc

yes? they always do but its not really to do with that

the carrier in dcs has a default frequency which the LSO frequncy in the script matches. if you play the demo mission provided that frequency is set to button 7 which is 270 MHz. if you just make a mission and add the script, it tells you button manual 127.5 being the carrier's default frequency. since you can not change that frequency in the mission editor at least as far as I can find... I am asking how it was done so I can set the script to use a preset button frequency instead of manual entry every time in my own mission

Im pretty sure you can change the freq the carrier uses.

Select the Stennis in the ME and on the right side you will see a frequency (127.5) in one of the boxes about halfway down. Change it there.

;3789101']Im pretty sure you can change the freq the carrier uses.

Select the Stennis in the ME and on the right side you will see a frequency (127.5) in one of the boxes about halfway down. Change it there.

ok that did it. I forgot about that freq window since I never used it. every other time I had to tell something to use a frequency it was through waypoint/special actions and commands so I just forgot it existed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, awesome work.

I've had your LSO script since Day 1 and I only downloaded this latest version when I want to make one for PG.

Seems like there are new features in; namely entering into Marshal stack.

What would be the steps to use these new features ?

I've tried the request entry into the marshal stack for single; got the appropriate response. Do I still need to do something before I descend and start turning into the upwind ? Or once the script kicks in; it will detect it as long as I'm flying the correct procedure ?

When I did this; I then exited the stack and went into the upwind. Where I got a cue somewhere in the upwind. Made my carrier break. But this time I am unable to get the 'Paddles Contact' call (I recall it will call your side number). But then once into the groove; I get the Call the Ball calls as well as the LSO corrections.

Is there something else I need to do ?

That's why I said he will call out your Side Number as a form of Paddles Contact, Which I had in the older version.

I combined the older version of the LSO script with VFA-113's Case 1 mission, and both the Paddles Contact from the VFA-113 and the Side Number calls happen at the same time.

I am wondering why I can't trigger that call in this latest version.

Hey there,

I was recommended this for LSO work. I'm a little confused though. This is an addon you put on missions that you create correct? It's not a module that makes any mission I land on a carrier with F18 LSO capable?

and is client stuff required for MP stuff? I fly on some busy servers often, so I'm curious if I need anything (like sound files) installed on my computer to be able to use it if their MP map has this addon?

I'm pretty much trying to make it so that I get little assistance from LSO when I land on carriers.

Hey there,

I was recommended this for LSO work. I'm a little confused though. This is an addon you put on missions that you create correct? It's not a module that makes any mission I land on a carrier with F18 LSO capable?

and is client stuff required for MP stuff? I fly on some busy servers often, so I'm curious if I need anything (like sound files) installed on my computer to be able to use it if their MP map has this addon?

I'm pretty much trying to make it so that I get little assistance from LSO when I land on carriers.

If the server is running it, you don't need any other files. All files are included in the .miz you downloaded when you connected to the server.

This is easy to add to missions, just unzip the demo file and you will see the script lua file and the directory that has the sounds. Put the sound file directory in the root directory of your mission (same level as the l10n folder), put the alerax scipt lua in the l10n\default directory and add a mission start trigger in the mission to call the alerax script lua. Also you need to either change the carrier name in the mission to Stennis_AI or open the alerax script lua and change the carrier name to what you have in the mission.

Any chance we could see additional Marshal or Approach callsigns for different carriers? Right now the callsign given for Marshal and Approach is "Freedom," which is only applicable for the USS Ronald Reagan. I've got a list of callsigns for CV-59 through CVN-77 if needed.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can't wait to have this script working with F14!

Speaking of which...

I just took the LSO V2.2 mission and replaced the Hornets with Tomcats.

But, when I fly the mission, I don;t get an option to call the LSO at all. In fact there is no carrier menu. FLew all the way in to trap, no LSO and no landing grade. I just checked all the triggers and actions, and Stennis_AI is the carrier and it has TACAN and ILS running.

BUt still no go in the mission. Does it have to do with me switching to Tomcats? IS the script for Hornets only?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

the script is hardcoded to the hornet at the moment

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog