Need pitch dampener to be higher at IAS 400kph and below

DmitriKozlowsky

I am. Actually I went to up to 40 , then 50 on pitch axis on my X56. Then back to 25. It is way way too sensitive. At 450 kph and above, its OK, good control for maneuvering and formation. But below 400 and at landing speed it is way to sensitive in pitch. RUdder and roll with 25 curve setting is OK.

For landing speeds I follow more or less standard for tactical aircraft. Any fuel over 1000 kg is +5kph for every 500kg over. +5kph for 500kg of stores bringback.

For landing speeds I follow more or less standard for tactical aircraft. Any fuel over 1000 kg is +5kph for every 500kg over. +5kph for 500kg of stores bringback.

...... this kind of thinking always blows my mind, and I see it all the time. You're overthinking things and screwing yourself in the process by trying to 'follow a formula'.

The speed that matters is your vertical speed/sink rate. You think reduce your speed and increase pitch until you are as slow as possible while maintaining a 1-2ms sinkrate and relative stability. Also, as others have stated, and I'm going to reiterate here, utilise your trim! You shouldn't be making hardly ANY adjustments with the stick during final, you should be trimmed out where you're almost landing hands free.

You don't need head math, you just need to change your methodology, imo. Worst case scenario, you miscalculate your approach and have to do a go around, but you can stick it on the second pass for sure.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I am. Actually I went to up to 40 , then 50 on pitch axis on my X56. Then back to 25. It is way way too sensitive. At 450 kph and above, its OK, good control for maneuvering and formation. But below 400 and at landing speed it is way to sensitive in pitch. RUdder and roll with 25 curve setting is OK.

Could I interest you in uploading a track? I'd like to see your flight down the slope to the landing... and what your "too sensitive" looks like. I don't find it overly sensitive but, then again, we might be seeing the same things and experiencing them differently.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Also, the dampener has no effect on “sensitivity.” It merely dampens oscillations, you can see this by turning it off and on. Also be aware of the LE slat behavior deplayoing and retracting at different AOA

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

. Also be aware of the LE slat behavior deplayoing and retracting at different AOA

Please stop repeating this false statement implying that LE slat deploying/rectracting due AoA is the cause for sudden pitch changes. It's not true.

The pitch damper, or more precise the longitudinal stability control adjusts the tailerons to counteract pitch movements due the LEF movement.

So LE slats movement this should not interfere or cause changes in oscillations in pitch.

See attached text from the english language manual of the Mig-29G (flight control section)

Kind regards.

Snappy

ManualLES.png.02c27e6203f54a94a766c11791a79ae9.png

Edited by Snappy
spelling

Thank Snappy for clarifying the difference, I would then think it is what this that yo-yo mentions https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223969. It does fly perfectly after the last update, I was incorrect. I had seen that part of the manual before but thought maybe the tailerons were limiting but not entirely eliminating the pitching effect. As it flies smooth after the last update, I put all my faith into the ED that it is right

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg