Radio Transmit and Receive icon

aceofspades9963

So I'm not sure if this is currently in the works or its not known, but when you transmit or receive a radio transmission the corresponding radio shows an icon in the area where the channel number is.

This is quite useful when you are unsure of what freq someone just talked on. not sure how it would interact with SRS but should be easy to implement for radio keybind presses and atc transmits etc. I have attached a rough drawing from memory of what the symbol looks like.

ufc.thumb.jpg.c50062f75faa7f41385d9804c8517bb0.jpg

transmit.png.f01d2f8d180dc04f01e6354839739727.png

If it's not in the real thing it's not going to be in the model. That's a universal law in DCS that you want to embrace sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment.

Trev. I think he is suggesting that it’s a real thing. At least that’s how I took his post.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Such an indication is implemented in the M2000C. I haven't tested if it works with SRS, but if you use the ingame comms through the comms menu, the indicator (a green/blueish light) will light up during the transmission. I'm not sure if it will light up when recieving comms though. But it's there because it's there in the real aircraft.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg