Belly Tank Jettison Switch?

KilledAlive

I know that the wing tank drop switches are easy to access, but I have yet to find a switch that can drop the 800L Fuel Tank on the aircraft's belly. I had seen in a word search that a switch to drop the tank exists, but I haven't found it yet. I'd rather drop the tank the moment it's empty to save some drag and hopefully boost my maneuverability and fuel efficiency.

If anyone can snag a picture of where that switch is, that would be great. Or, if it's not tactically accurate to drop them at all?

Dropping the central fuel tank is so important, that they have put the button for it on the stick. It is the pinky button, but you will have to map it or use the standard key, as it is not reachable by mouseclick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you drop the tank with fuel still in, you will get a misread fuel gauge.

If you don't drop the tank before a dogfight, you're dead.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

If you drop a tank before a dogfight, just adjust the gauge to 3000 liters after you do, and it's accurate again.

It is what I suspected he probably gonna need after see is asking for tank drop. Probably the next question is the key combination to do that. He is not that silly maybe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know that the wing tank drop switches are easy to access, but I have yet to find a switch that can drop the 800L Fuel Tank on the aircraft's belly. I had seen in a word search that a switch to drop the tank exists, but I haven't found it yet. I'd rather drop the tank the moment it's empty to save some drag and hopefully boost my maneuverability and fuel efficiency.

If anyone can snag a picture of where that switch is, that would be great. Or, if it's not tactically accurate to drop them at all?

To my best knowledge the central drop tank switch is under the red cover on the front side of the stick:

w_1337351017_5000_4000_1337351017.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...